Josherzz1
    Update your status
    Josherzz1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

Orioles

They are my favorite team and I haven't followed them that much since it feels like we've sucked for forever since those solid teams that were making the playoffs in the mid 90's. At one point from 1988-1995 we had pitchers Curt Schilling, Kevin Brown, and Mike Mussina on our roster and never won anything with them lol. I also remember when there was a news report in 2006 that the O's might draft Jeffrey Maier, the kid who caught that controversial deep fly ball that ended up being a homer despite him interfering during the yankees playoff game and I was beside myself like what the hell is going on? lol

As just a casual observer, I was pleasantly surprised to see them have a nice record when I was looking at the standings today. Are they the real deal? How far do you think they are from winning the World Series? I know they have drafted high for years since they have sucked for so long, so is it just a culmination of them having a decent GM and building up talent from picking high in the draft/developing their farm system?

Josherzz1
    Update your status
    Josherzz1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

[IMG][/IMG]

Bet on the o's today against the cubs. I liked them in a bounce back spot after 2 straight losses. Very strange game. In the 4th inning they didn't catch a foul ball and then just didn't catch what looked like a routine ball in the outfield. Then the cubs made them pay and hit a 2 run homer to go up 3-2 completely screwing over first 5 inning bets on the o's which sucked and was just bizarre. Was fortunate they came back to win after that deflating turn of events.

It was actually the first time I watched the o's play and didn't just follow the gamecast online. Yeah, they aren't even close to winning the World Series, haha. Would probably get bounced in the opening wild card playoff series. They do have some cool pieces, though. Their closer is also pretty nasty. Will be interesting to see what Jackson Holliday eventually looks like in the lineup. It is cool to know that they are a fairly solid team and building something nice. Hopefully they can win us a lot of bets the rest of this season.