EdV38
    EdV38's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2172

Yankees +390 to miss the playoffs

Book it. Aging shitbag position players and a good rotation that can't stay healthy. I expect declines in Cole and Judge and laughably negative WAR trotted out for 600 AB because they are paying him $30M in Stanton. After their 60-20 start or whatever it was they were .500 for half the season, barely beat Cleveland and got bounced 4-0 by Houston. And that was with Judge piling on the home runs. Imagine how bad they'll miss that when he tops out at 40 this year. The Yankees from July onwards were the true talent 2022 Yankees and that's how it will go for all of 2023.

The other play is Jays +220 to win the AL East as insurance. I don't see anyone else competing for that division. Just in case the Yankees squeak in the 6th playoff spot with 85 wins. If I could bet the AL East finishes under .500 combined this year I would. Hell, the Orioles could finish second and it wouldn't surprise me.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

I use two highly accurate and dependable sources that do this sort of thing.
    I trust myself for sure, but it never hurts to get the opinion of those who do projections for a living.

Most sources that I trust say NYY will win between 88-94 games, and have between a 76-84 percent chance of making the postseason.

At +390, the odds you are quoting the book is saying NYY have a 80.5 percent chance of making the playoffs, 19.5 percent chance they don't, so you're getting a fair price, no edge, but you're not getting ripped.

Personally speaking, and I don't have a rooting interest either way there, there are better bets available.

I really don't like tying up money on a long term future, but like I said, as long as you are getting a fair price, and you are, and you feel strongly about it, than go for it.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7307

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I use two highly accurate and dependable sources that do this sort of thing.
    I trust myself for sure, but it never hurts to get the opinion of those who do projections for a liviMost sources that I trust say NYY will win between 88-94 games, and have between a 76-84 percent chance of making the postseason.

At +390, the odds you are quoting the book is saying NYY have a 80.5 percent chance of making the playoffs, 19.5 percent chance they don't, so you're getting a fair price, no edge, but you're not getting ripped.

Personally speaking, and I don't have a rooting interest either way there, there are better bets available.

I really don't like tying up money on a long term future, but like I said, as long as you are getting a fair price, and you are, and you feel strongly about it, than go for it.
    Any win totals you like since they are out?
    I usually play 2 or 3 for fun.

Sort of like the White Sox over 83 wins. They cant be as bad as they were last year.