slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10384

A quick synopsis...

THE MATCHUP

The 2022 World Series is truly a David vs. Goliath matchup: The Phillies were the sixth seed in the National League – Major League Baseball agreed to an expanded postseason before this season with 12 total teams – six from each league. Had it been any other year (aside from the 2020 season), Philadelphia’s 87-75 record would have forced them to plan golf trips after 162 regular season games.

Meanwhile, they will be going up against the cream of the crop in the American League – the top-seeded Houston Astros are 7-0 this postseason after winning 106 games – one shy of the franchise record 107 from 2019. Most games they have played have been close (they have only won by more than two runs just once in those seven games), but in typical Astros fashion, they are finding ways to get it done.

Houston is in its second consecutive World Series and their fourth in the last six years. Their only title in that span came in 2017, which has now become notorious, and arguably tainted, as they ran the largest sign-stealing scandal in baseball history. However, with a win, it will be manager Dusty Baker’s first-ever championship. The Phillies are in their first Fall Classic since 2009 – they have not won it since the year prior, when they took down the Tampa Bay Rays in five games.

Also, for the first time since 1950, no U.S.-born Black players are expected to play in the World Series.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

Great “write up” ()
    I fell asleep…how’d that first game go?

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    Great “write up” ()
    I fell asleep…how’d that first game go?

Philly and over little boy. Win some, lose some. In this case, Winner..

Are you going to be a troll on a regular basis.?.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

Quote Originally Posted by slewfan View Post
    Philly and over little boy. Win some, lose some. In this case, Winner..

Are you going to be a troll on a regular basis.?.
    sure when u cut and paste someone else’s work + I’m sorry I must’ve missed the part where u posted “philly and over”. My bad

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO

sure when u cut and paste someone else’s work + I’m sorry I must’ve missed the part where u posted “philly and over”. My bad
    What are you talking about now.?.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO

If you look at number 9 post in 777’s thread. “World Series game 1 “ heading.

I did not have to explain myself to you. But I wanted to prove your a troll.
    Last edited by slewfan; 10-31-22 at 01:42 AM.

jim
    jim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2398

the cream of the crop in the American League – the top-seeded Houston Astros are 7-0 this postseason after winning 106 games – one shy of the franchise record 107 from 2019.

... and no garbage cans were abused in the making of this dynasty.