rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

2 Sunday plays

1-1, -1.48 Saturday

3* Yankees Team Total OVER 5 -125: Sure, Jake Westbrook has been much better in his last three starts, but that was against the ChiSox, Rangers and Twins, teams that don't come close to matching the Yankees' potent offense. In his three starts against the premier offenses in the AL, (NYY, Detroit, Boston) Westbrook is 0-3 with an 11.85 ERA. Furthermore, A-Rod, Jeter, Matsui, Posada and Giambi are a combined 29/75 (.386) in their career off Westbrook. The Yankees have been held under 5 runs just once in their last 13 games, and that was against Roy Halladay. The way NY's offense is performing of late, I just don't think Westbrook is capable of slowing them down.

2* Royals +100: Brian Bannister's 3-0 with a 1.28 ERA in his last 4 starts, while AJ Burnett, a question mark even when fully healthy, is making his first start in six-weeks. Toronto's not hitting at all right now, averaging only 2.46 runs/game in their last 13 road games. Burnett will be on a pitch count, and even if he's effective, he doesn't figure to pitch deep in the game. I'll take my chances with KC at even money at home with the pitching advantage against a Toronto team that's not hitting and has a shaky pitcher returning from a six-week layoff from arm problems.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

like the royals

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like KC a bit, but I think I like the under more in that one.

The Yankees, that is a tough one. Westbrook has been good, and when sinkerballers are on their game, they neutralize even explosive lineups. Of course the flip side of that is that when they are off, they get crushed. If Westbrook is off, the Yanks' TT over is a lock. But if he's on, it'll be hard for them to score much at all against him. I think he'll continue to be on today, I'm taking Cleveland on the ML.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow HG View Post
    I like KC a bit, but I think I like the under more in that one.

The Yankees, that is a tough one. Westbrook has been good, and when sinkerballers are on their game, they neutralize even explosive lineups. Of course the flip side of that is that when they are off, they get crushed. If Westbrook is off, the Yanks' TT over is a lock. But if he's on, it'll be hard for them to score much at all against him. I think he'll continue to be on today, I'm taking Cleveland on the ML.
    Interesting pick HGH. I may follow!