curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why do all my ML picks fall apart in the late innings?

Pretty much all of my ML picks have fallen completely apart in the late innings lately. Doesn't matter how good the pitching staff is of my pick, doesn't matter how poorly the other team bats, pitching - lineup matchup doesn't matter.

I don't get it.

There is something I am overlooking. Divisional rivalry maybe? Astrology? Televised games vs non-televised?

Any ideas?

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

because the bookies call the winning team and tell them they're supposed to lose. next inning there is 2 walks then an error and a single. boom goes the dynamite.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

because bullpens are the weakest point for every team

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Late season. Pitchers tire as the innings build up. Bullpens become exposed to the highest degree. Look at SF. They haven't had a good day for the bullpen in weeks and none of their starters can give them 7 strong.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

so...do you think it's worth taking the second half betting lines of games?? most lines have the second half of games between 3 1/2 - 4 runs each game.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    so...do you think it's worth taking the second half betting lines of games?? most lines have the second half of games between 3 1/2 - 4 runs each game.
    what does this mean?

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

you can bet how many total runs are scored from the 6th inning to the end of the game ....including extra innings...most lines have either 3 1/2 or 4 runs ...seems like with bullpens blowing games and giving up runs this might be worth a try...I did one pic last week with DET vs TAMPA when DET came back and scored 4 in the 7th to win the game and my bet.