rmcaj
    rmcaj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glory of Picks Tonight!

First off I'm gonna throw my 3 team NFL teaser in with the picks I'm giving out for tonights action. I'm feeling very comfortable with these picks right now and I feel they have a good shot at cashing for you guys. NO GUARANTEES, however I feel strongly about them and wouldn't pick any other way. So enough of the lallygagging and lets get to it!

Baseball Action

Indians (Carmona) (-118) Vs Yanks (Hughes)
    Red Sox/Orioles UNDER 4.5 (-125) (5 Inning Line)
    Blue Jays (Marcum) (-118)Vs Royals (Meche)
    Pirates (Morris) (+102)Vs Giants (Ortiz)

3 Team NFL 7 Pt Teaser

Atlanta Falcons +10.5
    Tampa Bay Bucs/New England Patriots UNDER 41
    Saints +.5

Once again I'm loving these picks and Can't see playing them any other way. I hope some of you guys jump on this with me and are able to make some money tonight so that tomorrow we can all go out and buy BIG SCREEN TV'S!!!!

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just curious why you like Cleveland so much here.
    Cleveland team batting avg over past 7 games = .234
    Yankees over same time span = .340
    Hafner still out for Tribe
    Yanks fall into a very favorable play here (team batting avg over past 7 days >.100 higer than opponent tracked at 62% winning percentage over past 2 years)
    Fausto is good, but I think disciplined Yankee at bats might make him bring that sinker up a bit.
    Anyway, good luck.

Oh, also, after Morris got traded from Giants he bagged on the Giants for playing poor defense, not caring about winning, and out here in Bay area it got a lot of press. Giants might be a bit emotional tonight.

rmcaj

Lets not forget the quality of teams the yankees have been up against when you wanna throw there recent batting average into the mix. They have yet to face a quality opponent in 3 wks. I put no face in Hughes against a pesky Tribe lineup with or without Hafner.

rmcaj

I'm making one change to my football teaser, taking Bills +13.5 instead of saints to win.

maritime

Quote Originally Posted by rmcaj View Post
    Lets not forget the quality of teams the yankees have been up against when you wanna throw there recent batting average into the mix. They have yet to face a quality opponent in 3 wks. I put no face in Hughes against a pesky Tribe lineup with or without Hafner.
    So do you ever bet on any team after they play well against Tampa Bay or KC or Pitt etc. (or whoever happen to be the lesser teams in a given season)? Hot is hot in baseball, cold is cold. All I'm saying is that right now, yanks bats are hot, Indians are cold. It's not the only factor to handicap the game, but I think it's important in this case.
    Last edited by maritime; 08-10-07 at 04:14 PM.

rmcaj

Yeah well we have to look at the quality of the pitchers. They are gonna face a good pitcher tonight and Hot is not just Hot. Anyone can hit a oliver perez or edwin jackson, not everyone can hit a Carmona. In baseball your as good as your next day's pitcher. Carmona is gonna be the best pitcher the Yankees see in AWHILE.

maritime

You just don't get it.

maritime

Quote Originally Posted by rmcaj View Post
    Yeah well we have to look at the quality of the pitchers. They are gonna face a good pitcher tonight and Hot is not just Hot. Anyone can hit a oliver perez or edwin jackson, not everyone can hit a Carmona. In baseball your as good as your next day's pitcher. Carmona is gonna be the best pitcher the Yankees see in AWHILE.
    Yanks 6, Cleveland 1
    Carmona 7inn, 8 hits, 4 earned run
    Hughes (supposedly the worse pitcher) 6inn, 4 hits, 1 earned run

All I was trying to tell you was stay away from teams when their offense isn't clicking, especially when the opponent is. Cleveland has the second worst batting avg and OBP over the past week. Stay away from them right now. At the same time, the yanks offense is clicking right now. Don't give me that crap about inferior pitching lately. Based on your assumption, then, all you need to do to pick a winner is pick the team with the starting pitcher with the better ERA or who is considered "the better pitcher." That way of thinking will lose you a lot of games. Capping a game means looking at all aspects, including line movement which also favored the yanks today. So many factors. Good luck to you. I hope you get that big screen tv
    Last edited by maritime; 08-10-07 at 09:09 PM.

LUNT101
    LUNT101's Avatar Become A Pro!

he hit 3 of 4 baseball picks tho so good job rmcaj