curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who has insight on Cubs/Colo Or Pitts/Ariz?

Any strong leanings on the ML on Cubs/Colorado?

Or, any strong leanings on ML on Pitts/Ariz?

If so, why?

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, home team in both. Snell is weakening, Davis is rounding to form, Pittsburgh doesn't have the bats to force the issue on the road.

With Colorado, obviously Ramirez and Soriano are both out, Jimenez has been decent in the majors, and at the line, Colorado only a small favorite, I think they have value.

Although I hesitate to call this "insight".

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like ARIZONA , have not lost series in 3 weeks. Pitt has like 4 wins since All Star break and Snell winless since then.

Colorado I took over 4.5 runs team total. Hope bats stay hot

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Not playing either game, but I think the home fav. is the right side in both.

Jimenez is a highly regarded prospect with plus stuff who's been sharp in 3/4 big league starts. The Rocks are tough at home, and I think Lilly could be in position to get knocked around a bit. He's been very good this season, but his best pitch is undoubtedly his curve, which is always a concern with the thin air at Coors. Pretty cheap price for Colorado at home.

Ian Snell's a great pitcher, but for whatever reason (fatigue?), he hasn't been the same the last month or so. He's 0-5 in his last 5 starts, and has given up 39 H, 24 R and 7 HR's in his last 26 IP. Doug Davis, meanwhile, has been terrific since a terrible start to the year. Arizona's won each of his last 5 outings, and he has 6 consecutive quality starts. The D'Backs are playing solid baseball, while Pittsburgh's awful on the road.

Good luck.
    Last edited by rjt721; 08-09-07 at 07:46 PM.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post

Ian Snell's a great pitcher, but for whatever reason (fatigue?), he hasn't been the same the last month or so.
    Yes I think that could be exactly why. Guys like him who are fastball pitchers tend to be vulnerable to fatigue in various ways at various times. I wouldn't be surprised if we started to see "dead arm" in reports on him soon.

curious

I put down $100 on a 2 pick parlay of Arizona ML and Arizona/Pitts UNDER 9.

curious

Damm, I jinxed Arizona

Never fails. I bet on a team and they get hammered in the first inning. LOL

curious

Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow HG View Post
    Yes, home team in both. Snell is weakening, Davis is rounding to form, Pittsburgh doesn't have the bats to force the issue on the road.

With Colorado, obviously Ramirez and Soriano are both out, Jimenez has been decent in the majors, and at the line, Colorado only a small favorite, I think they have value.

Although I hesitate to call this "insight".
    Thanks for the tip, my parlay on Ariz ML and Ariz / Pitts UNDER paid off.

Ended up even on the day in baseball even though I lost big on Minnesota.

Wierd things happening lately with pitchers. Ball Four strikes out the side in the bottom of the ninth against the Tigers, winning my under pick on Tampa Bay / Detroit that everyone loved so much LOL. Then an absolutely AWFUL kansas city pitcher Davies, 4 hits Minnesota? Today the worst bull pen in baseball holds the Tigers scoreless for 2 innings?

What in the #$%^%& is going on?

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

won't happen tomorrow for tampa...things will right themselves in the universe...tampa will lose on the road