onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Matt Cain - Giants

You got to start feeling sorry for this guy. Pitches his life out almost every game, and can't come up with wins. Chulk just blows his 3 run lead, and it is now tied.

When will the Giants start giving this guy run support?

Poor guy. Best 3-12 pitcher in baseball.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

YTD He's 4-17 in his starts looker, and probably will be 4-18 after the Giants screw him yet one one time tonight.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's why the smart $ goes on the opponent eh?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    YTD He's 4-17 in his starts looker, and probably will be 4-18 after the Giants screw him yet one one time tonight.
    Figured it was around there, but didn't know the exact number, and didn't feel like looking it up.

Thanks for the correction. Those numbers make it even worse.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

It rarely happens to me, but occasionally the humanitarian comes out and I feel for some of these athletes that experience such excruciating failures on the field in front of millions. I felt that way for Cain tonight when they showed him quietly sitting on the bench as everything slipped away. He shouldn't have been in the game at that point anyway (the half-inning before he hit for himself with runners on 2nd and 3rd and only 1 out), but there was nothing that could be done since the bullpen was completely taxed the night before. I also felt bad for Chulk who didn't have anything last night and then had to come back again tonight to give up the 3-run bomb. As much as I appreciate Barry and his ascension to the loftiest peak in the game, it is painful to watch the Giants at this point in the season with all the focus being on something other than winning. The day that he hits 756 will be the day that the Giants can start being a team again.