The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

July 31 Ganchalysis

Colorado RL (+150), over (9 -110): Aaron Cook has been pitching well, and Scott Olsen of course has been having struggles. Olsen won't likely be in good shape to deal with Colorado's competent lineup, so all in all, one of these picks in likely to win, with a decent chance that both will, IMO.

Even if both starters have strong starts, the bullpens involved should offer a reasonable chance of an out on either bet, and a small chance even at an out on both.

Washington ML (-115), under (9 +100): Cincinnati has a bit of trouble against lefties, and they aren't particularly explosive offensively even at their home park. Coming to RFK sets them up for struggles, and mediocre Matt Chico, who has been able to maximize his time at RFK this year, should once again be able to have a short but effective start.

Bobby Livingston has done pretty well in his short time in the majors himself, and Washington is unlikely to get to him for much either.

All in all, this game sets up as a similar one to many Washington home games this year, one where they are looking at a low-scoring close home win, conferring value to both the under, which has a surprisingly generous total IMO, and the Washington ML.

Yankees RL (-120), over (10 -125): Yes the Yankees are a badly overrated team in general, but Jose Contreras is something close to being the Yankees of starting pitching. If he gets hit hard again in this start, as he has for the past two months, this game could get out of hand early, turning into one of those 21-8 football-score type of games.

There's a chance that Mussina will get hit just as hard, in which case the Yankees' RL will be in a bit of jeopardy. But in general, I feel both of these plays have decent value.

If Contreras comes into Yankee Stadium and throws a good game after his last 2 months with a record of 1-8, an ERA of 8, a WHIP of 1.8, and a BAA of .340, including a shocking .396 in July, I'll be OK with eating any losses resulting from these bets.

Atlanta ML (-165), under (9.5 -125): Chuck James has been quite effective at home this year, and has pitched well in general, without too many clunkers thrown in. Houston's average lineup, which is also not well suited to hitting at Turner Field, is not likely to push him into a bad start if he is going well.

On the other side, Chris Sampson is a decent starter, and always has the ability to hold teams to modest run totals, and he should benefit from Turner's relatively pitcher-friendly environs.

Atlanta's bullpen is always a problem, but if James can go reasonably deep, after a day of rest I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and bet that they can go 2 or 3 innings without getting hit too hard.

Both the Atlanta ML and the under should have value if things go as I think they are likely to.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I respectfully disagree with your Rockies play Mr.HG.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I like that CHW/NYY over. I think Contreras could come close to cashing the total himself, while Mussina's also vulnerable at this point in his career. I went pretty big on the Yanks team total over 6.

remmy358
    remmy358's Avatar Become A Pro!

im on white sox.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your plays look like money in the bank

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

nice to see you pick some winners without stictlywinners help for a change

LUNT101
    LUNT101's Avatar Become A Pro!

gj tonight Ganch

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Took the Rockies ML, Yankees RL and Nationals RL and cashed all three. Thank you Ganch. We need you here more often.

rolemand
    rolemand's Avatar Become A Pro!

congrats as well Ganch

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

great picks. congrats