EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

OVER the Top - July 30

1-0 day for Sunday, just how we like it. It's a small card tonight and I'm not completely sold on either of these, so I would say go with a half unit bet vs. a full unit as I would normally promote. Myself, I will bet the first game and see where it is headed before deciding whether or not to take a shot at the 2nd suggestion. Cheers!

Phils-Cubs +7.5 (-120)
    The total is right now at 7.5 (-120). A big + is that Hamels' road starts have seen the over hit 7 of 10. Phils are also one of the best road overs in the league 32-17-1. Lilly's starts at home, dead even at 5O/5U. However his last 7 starts have all seen the total hit higher than tonight's. If you want on board this total, get it before it blows back up to 8. Wind should not be a major factor tonight. It will be blowing in from left-center at 5-6 mph.

LAA-SEA +8.5 (+105)
    You're not going to find a whole lot of evidence to support an over by looking at the over-under #s of tonight's pitchers. Escobar's roadt O/U is 5 of 8 in favor of the under. One of those overs however was earlier this season at Safeco when he gave up 8 runs in 2+ innings. His career ERA there is also in the mid 4s. The biggest plus for Escobar is his offense which has really come alive of late. LAA scored 3 straight double digit games against DET. On the other side, Batista has been average at home with a 4.53 ERA and O/U splits dead at 5 each. His totals have gone over in 2 of the last 3. In his 2 starts vs. LAA this year, he's yielded 4 runs in 5+ innings on the road and 6 runs in 6 innings at home. Both those games went into double digits for the total. I think Batista gives up enough runs and the M's get just enough off Escobar and co. to eek out an over here.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 07-30-07 at 03:49 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like that philly/cubs over myself Mr.Eagles. However, I will just be playing the Cubs side in that game.

BOL to you sir

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on the over LAA SEA also. Looks good to me GL.