SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Giancarlo Stanton: I'd hit 80 home runs if I knew the pitch

Stanton, acquired by the Yankees before the start of the 2018 season, led the majors with 59 home runs in 2017 as a member of the Marlins That total was the most by a major league player since 2001.

"If I knew what [pitch] was coming in '17, I probably would have hit 80-plus home runs," Stanton said Wednesday.

Stanton agreed with teammate Judge, who said that not only should Astros players have been directly punished by Major League Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred, but they should also vacate their 2017 World Series championship.

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

“I don’t think the punishments were harsh enough player-wise,” Stanton said before the second full-squad workout was held at Steinbrenner Field. “At the end of the day, it gives more incentive to (cheat).”
    Stanton wasn’t with the Yankees in 2017 when the Astros beat them in Game 7 of the ALCS and followed that by copping a World Series title by beating the Dodgers.

Like Judge, Stanton said the Astros should be stripped of their 2017 World Series title.
    “They did their investigation and it was clear cut that they cheated that year, which means it should be taken away,” Stanton said. “If you cheat in another way (failing a drug test), you can’t even be in the playoffs.”