WRMusic
    WRMusic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1289

WIN Money Taken Back for Last Night's Braves vs Reds Game

So,when I logged into my betting account this morning (on GTBets.eu) I noticed over $100usd had been TAKEN from my account in between when I logged off late last night and when I first logged in today.

After reviewing all of my wagers/results from yesterday's bets, I noticed that after initially being ruled a WIN on ALL of my bets that had the Atlanta Braves winning (-2.5)and also the Atlanta Braves/Cincinnati Reds game being UNDER (8.5 runs) total, NOW GTBets.eu has gone back and ruled all of those bets that they initially (correctly) ruled as WINS on my account, as a "PUSH."

I am extremely confused about how/why they did this. Yes, the Atlanta Braves/Cincinnati Reds game was called in the 7th inning due to severe weather. However, the game (as is standard per the OFFICIAL RULES OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL) was officially ruled a (4-1) WIN for the Atlanta Braves. Therefore, my bets of the Braves winning (-2.5 RL) and the Braves/Reds game runs total being UNDER (8.5 total) should be ruled properly as WINS, in accordance with the rules of Major League Baseball; correct, or not?

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

Depends on the "official rules" of your bookie. Many of them will grade a bet as a non-wager if the game isn't completed or doesn't run a certain length. I'd hope it's all in the fine print, although if it's not I'd be pretty pissed.

Actually, I'd be pretty pissed regardless given the bet was graded and then taken back. Had something like that happen once with the scumbags at Bovada.

ipaulster
    ipaulster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 816

If the game doesn't go 9 innings, all runline and totals are refunded. Moneylines will count. Baseball betting 101.

WRMusic
    WRMusic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1289

If that's the typical/universally understood "rules of baseball betting," or "baseball betting 101" as you called it, then forgive me for being pretty new at this whole "baseball betting thing." That being said, the fact that this explanation falls under the proverbial "baseball betting 101" category, tells me that those of us who bet on baseball have let ourselves be far beyond just taken advantage of.

What I mean is this: in this situation, where my book's own automated system initially processed all my bets for that game as WINS, then later those bets were adjusted to reflect a "PUSH," speaks volumes. The reason that the system initially recognized my bets on that game as WINS, was because their system first analyzed the game's results as if the game was a typical/ordinary game that was played and completed, (which it was,) and that an OFFICIAL OUTCOME/RESULT WAS DETERMINED WITH FINALITY BY MLB...(which it was.)

In the official record, last night's game was a (4-1) Atlanta Braves WIN over the Cincinnati Reds. It was that way as soon as the game was called due to weather in the 7th inning. Last night, today, tomorrow, and 100 years from now...when anyone looks up the OFFICIAL result of last night's game between the Braves and the Reds, it did/does/always will show that THE ATLANTA BRAVES BEAT THE CINCINNATI REDS BY A SCORE OF (4-1.)

The reason for this is simple; "Baseball 101" says that any game IS OFFICIAL AND WILL END AS A WIN/LOSS ON EACH TEAM'S WIN/LOSS RECORD, once any game completes the 5th inning. This includes games just like last night's game, where weather forced the game to end before all 9 innings had been completed.

NOWHERE, WHEN PLACING A BET ON A BASEBALL GAME has ANYTHING EVER said that (this bet is/will only be official and legitimate, *IF* ALL 9 innings have been played/completed.) The only thing I've ever seen that states that the bet would result in a "PUSH" or bets being cancelled, is *IF* a starting pitcher that's listed at the time the bet is placed; if one or both starting pitchers listed at that time end up not actually starting that game on the mound.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Quote Originally Posted by WRMusic View Post
    If that's the typical/universally understood "rules of baseball betting," or "baseball betting 101" as you called it, then forgive me for being pretty new at this whole "baseball betting thing." That being said, the fact that this explanation falls under the proverbial "baseball betting 101" category, tells me that those of us who bet on baseball have let ourselves be far beyond just taken advantage of.

What I mean is this: in this situation, where my book's own automated system initially processed all my bets for that game as WINS, then later those bets were adjusted to reflect a "PUSH," speaks volumes. The reason that the system initially recognized my bets on that game as WINS, was because their system first analyzed the game's results as if the game was a typical/ordinary game that was played and completed, (which it was,) and that an OFFICIAL OUTCOME/RESULT WAS DETERMINED WITH FINALITY BY MLB...(which it was.)

In the official record, last night's game was a (4-1) Atlanta Braves WIN over the Cincinnati Reds. It was that way as soon as the game was called due to weather in the 7th inning. Last night, today, tomorrow, and 100 years from now...when anyone looks up the OFFICIAL result of last night's game between the Braves and the Reds, it did/does/always will show that THE ATLANTA BRAVES BEAT THE CINCINNATI REDS BY A SCORE OF (4-1.)

The reason for this is simple; "Baseball 101" says that any game IS OFFICIAL AND WILL END AS A WIN/LOSS ON EACH TEAM'S WIN/LOSS RECORD, once any game completes the 5th inning. This includes games just like last night's game, where weather forced the game to end before all 9 innings had been completed.

NOWHERE, WHEN PLACING A BET ON A BASEBALL GAME has ANYTHING EVER said that (this bet is/will only be official and legitimate, *IF* ALL 9 innings have been played/completed.) The only thing I've ever seen that states that the bet would result in a "PUSH" or bets being cancelled, is *IF* a starting pitcher that's listed at the time the bet is placed; if one or both starting pitchers listed at that time end up not actually starting that game on the mound.
    From GTBets Baseball Rules Page:

"When wagering on total runs (over/under), and also on Run Line wagers, the game must go 9 innings (8 1/2 if the home team is ahead) to have action."

No one is being taken advantage off as both sides of the total and rl got refunded.