Chance Harper
    Chance Harper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baseball playoffs

Hello. Quick introduction and on to baseball talk. My name is Chance Harper and I have been writing some articles for SBR for almost a year. Bill Dozer finally talked me into signing up and posting occasionally on the message board. Originally from Philly, go Eagles!

My question is what team that would not be in the playoffs today will make it to the post-season in the end?

My two picks are the Yanks and Cubs.

joesomebody114
    This industry is f*kked
    joesomebody114's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have to agree with you there, Chance.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, Welcome to the SBR forum Chance. I've been reading your articles on a daily basis, and Even though I don't agree with some of your views. I do find informative info sometimes out of them.

Now getting back to your question...

I don't dispute the Cubs at all. That team shown signs of life after they traded Barrett. I still fell they need to get some bullpen help if they want to be considered a legitimate contender though. However, I'm not writing off the Yankees like I was a few weeks back. They have shown signs of life as of late, and have made up some ground during that time. Now we all know that Cashman will go out and pick up some hitters and pitchers before the trade deadline comes. I feel Molina was a great acquisition a few days ago, because NY needed a backup for Poseda, and Nievis was not the answer.

stevieb
    stevieb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    First off, Welcome to the SBR forum Chance. I've been reading your articles on a daily basis, and Even though I don't agree with some of your views. I do find informative info sometimes out of them.

Now getting back to your question...

I don't dispute the Cubs at all. That team shown signs of life after they traded Barrett. I still fell they need to get some bullpen help if they want to be considered a legitimate contender though. However, I'm not writing off the Yankees like I was a few weeks back. They have shown signs of life as of late, and have made up some ground during that time. Now we all know that Cashman will go out and pick up some hitters and pitchers before the trade deadline comes. I feel Molina was a great acquisition a few days ago, because NY needed a backup for Poseda, and Nievis was not the answer.
    I would look at the over in most games in the NYY/Angels series. Yanks pitching is suspect

remaxagnt
    remaxagnt's Avatar Become A Pro!

am i crazy but i dont get the question.

remaxagnt
    remaxagnt's Avatar Become A Pro!

nevermind old post duh

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Cubs were no surprise as they spent alot of $ to be a contender this year , they were a frontrunner pick within the media simply because they went deep into their wallet .

Yanks make the postseason every year .

The surprise team in the NL Central would have been the Brew as they never make the playoffs ......
    The biggest surprise of course this 2007 is the sorry Rockies .
    DBacks was a bit of a surprise too , if you picked them at season start to make the playoffs you are a guru .

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where is that damn Chance Harper been hiding anyways??? He's been MIA since he made this post way back in July. I guess he just can't hang with the bigboy'"s"