goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

murphy in the playoffs could be huge for the cubs. Bryce is 100 percent gone after the year.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Seemed redundant for Cubs - wondering if this means Bryant may not be coming back.
    How so? Murphy just another Cub that can play multiple positions, but he projects as every day 2B.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    How so? Murphy just another Cub that can play multiple positions, but he projects as every day 2B.
    Right. That means Baez moves to SS or 3B. If he moves to SS, then Russell is out. If he moves to 3B, then it's in place of Bryant. For example, if the Cubs knew the prognosis on Bryant was poor, this makes even more sense. Russell dealing with injury issues also. I guess they figure it sorts itself out. Russell has been disappointing mostly, so if KB is healthy I suspect he's the odd man out. Although Bryant can also shift to OF. Cubs players move around a lot.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baez was horrible at shortstop before moving to second base, I think the trade for Murphy is likely going to mean Bryant may not be back this season since Murphy likely will play 3rd base. Russell isn't a good hitter but he's a great defensive player and he's under contract for 10 million a year, I don't see him getting benched.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

They wanted Murph's bat. Offense is too up & down.....

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    They wanted Murph's bat. Offense is too up & down.....
    Nats played Murphy a little bit at 1B also

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Some Cubs fans upset they got Murphy because apparently he is against LGBT

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Baez was horrible at shortstop before moving to second base, I think the trade for Murphy is likely going to mean Bryant may not be back this season since Murphy likely will play 3rd base. Russell isn't a good hitter but he's a great defensive player and he's under contract for 10 million a year, I don't see him getting benched.
    Contract is irrelevant. They'll put best team on field as they see it. It may very well be that the Cubs are super-concerned about Bryant returning. We'll see. But if he does return, I don't see how that doesn't result in Russell not starting much.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

I always been suspicious of Murphy being on Roids - he’s clearly off it - Goodluck Cubs

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Right. That means Baez moves to SS or 3B. If he moves to SS, then Russell is out. If he moves to 3B, then it's in place of Bryant. For example, if the Cubs knew the prognosis on Bryant was poor, this makes even more sense. Russell dealing with injury issues also. I guess they figure it sorts itself out. Russell has been disappointing mostly, so if KB is healthy I suspect he's the odd man out. Although Bryant can also shift to OF. Cubs players move around a lot.
    Bryant could play LF, making Schwarber odd man out

GT21Megatron

Don’t see them taking that bat out of the lineup....Would they move Schwarber back to catcher until the end of the season???

thomorino

Schwarber will not be benched, looked at his OBP and OPS. Either Bryant doesn't comeback or Russell is benched. I think its likely Bryant is done for the year, he's tried to come back multiple times unsuccessfully and Bryant in left field would be a disaster.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Don’t see them taking that bat out of the lineup....Would they move Schwarber back to catcher until the end of the season???
    Contreras is too valuable and can't play any position besides catcher.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Rizzo has made some dumb moves. He overpaid for Adam Eaton and wouldn’t fix the abortion of a bullpen they had last season. At least he tried this year, but they couldn’t stay healthy.
    Huh? He traded for Doolittle Madson and kintzler last year. That was a solid back end. Unfortunately, this year Madson is a dumpster fire and Doolittle is out indefinitely.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    Huh? He traded for Doolittle Madson and kintzler last year. That was a solid back end. Unfortunately, this year Madson is a dumpster fire and Doolittle is out indefinitely.
    Sent treinen back too. Oops. Guess he did try, but Waited too late. It was still an unbridled mess

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Sent treinen back too. Oops. Guess he did try, but Waited too late. It was still an unbridled mess
    It was, there was some stability at the end of last season but beyond Doolittle it was and still is a dumpster fire. Herrera has been trash, Madson and kintzler regressed horribly. Kelley is a big fat baby that tried to fight the GM

For whatever reason treinen couldn’t figure it out in DC. Now he’s an elite closer. That does have to sting.

Anyone remember Papelbon’s stint with the Nats

ikid2groove415

Nationals isn’t that far off - some guys don’t know baseball - They need 2 clean house in the front office tho - and I agreed giradi would be a good manager for the nationals

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

Rain delay now.. I hope it resumes.. https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/philade...als-380821120/

I'm on the Nationals tonight and was feeling good about this game so far.. Then the rain started to fall..

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Rain delay now.. I hope it resumes.. https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/philade...als-380821120/

I'm on the Nationals tonight and was feeling good about this game so far.. Then the rain started to fall..
    Guys in Cali laughing Jibbs - Never rains in California in the summer

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Guys in Cali laughing Jibbs - Never rains in California in the summer
    Tell me something I don't know Groove.. I was at the beach just today riding the surf, got home just a few hours ago..

Water is warm right now is So Cal.. Loving the beach life right now.
    Points Awarded:

ikid2groove415 gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GT21Megatron

Strasbitch should of kept his bitch ass on the DL

ikid2groove415

Strasbitch should of kept his bitch ass on the DL
    Need a shutdown inning-

ikid2groove415

Nationals win !!! Holy fck !! Them DC boys aint quitting yet let’s go 30-6 29-7 to end the season !

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

HUGH bailout by Zimmerman.

Seeing as how this season has played out, I fully expect them to shit themselves tomorrow despite Scherzer starting.

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    HUGH bailout by Zimmerman.

Seeing as how this season has played out, I fully expect them to shit themselves tomorrow despite Scherzer starting.
    Be some crazy shit if they go on a run...Didn’t the Braves cough up a double digit lead in September??? Anything can happen

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Schwarber will not be benched, looked at his OBP and OPS. Either Bryant doesn't comeback or Russell is benched. I think its likely Bryant is done for the year, he's tried to come back multiple times unsuccessfully and Bryant in left field would be a disaster.
    Bryant reportedly had good BP session today and will be headed for rehab assignment soon. Could be back by end of month. I doubt he's done.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Be some crazy shit if they go on a run...Didn’t the Braves cough up a double digit lead in September??? Anything can happen
    I don’t recall that recently. Since 2012 nats won the division 4 out of 6 times easily and also the Braves (‘13) and Mets(‘15), all relatively easily. There’s hasn’t really been a tight nl east race in a while. I think in ‘07 Mets shat away a huge division lead to the Phillies, that might’ve been the last time something like that happened.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Cmon man....Really?
    So because their odds were low, they were good? Point is their window closed.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

The Nationals have been shut out in 3 straight games for the first time since April 13-15, 2004, when they were still known as the Montreal Expos.

They're the 1st team to be shut out in 3 straight games this season.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

First 12