SilverSpoon111
    Do me a favor please hold this L
    SilverSpoon111's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpoon111 View Post
    Name 3 more that came thru the sysyem
    I agree Pirates def need them to pan out and they havent at ALL thay got a solid top to bottom lineup very underrated they put the ball in play and dont strike out they need more from the rotation

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Name 3 more that came thru the sysyem
    well i'm not sure what your operational definitions are here, but its pretty clear if you look at the current roster and current game

7 of 9 starters tonight were developed on the Pirates farm

and they Have a 1.0 WAR first basemen that was 3rd in ROY voting last year on bench
    along with a 1.0 WAR Rookie Catcher on bench

over 70% of their starts this year have been made by pitchers that came through their system with another 15% by Joe Musgrove, whom was a prospect they got back by trading Gerrit Cole, a stud that came through their system.

And this home grown Team is competing.

today they flipped a mid reliever and impressive rookie OF that came through their system for a pitcher with 3 more years after 2018 left on contract, that got 5th in Cy Young voting a few years back.

its pretty much the model. Develop young cheap talent and add in the final pieces with trade and free agency.

SilverSpoon111

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    well i'm not sure what your operational definitions are here, but its pretty clear if you look at the current roster and current game

7 of 9 starters tonight were developed on the Pirates farm

and they Have a 1.0 WAR first basemen that was 3rd in ROY voting last year on bench
    along with a 1.0 WAR Rookie Catcher on bench

over 70% of their starts this year have been made by players that came through their system

And this home grown Team is competing.

today they flipped a mid reliever and impressive rookie OF that came through their system for a pitcher with 3 more years after 2018 left on contract, that got 5th in Cy Young voting a few years back.

its pretty much the model. Develop young cheap talent and add in the final pieces with trade and free agency.
    I blam Nutting plain and simple he NEVER wants to make trades like last year middlle of the hunt halfway point we get rid of out closer takes the steem right out of the team and they fall flat just like everyother year. Nutting is only worried about making a profit he could careless about the product on the field. Everyone here wants him to sell the team and the pirates 11 out of 12 near all star break is the ony reason they made a trade if they got 5-5 this trade never happens and the only reason he made it is because of the backlash hes been revieving and the attendace is down a lot this year and its hurting his bottom line. 1 move in 15 years does nothing for me.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I blam Nutting plain and simple he NEVER wants to make trades like last year middlle of the hunt halfway point we get rid of out closer takes the steem right out of the team and they fall flat just like everyother year. Nutting is only worried about making a profit he could careless about the product on the field. Everyone here wants him to sell the team and the pirates 11 out of 12 near all star break is the ony reason they made a trade if they got 5-5 this trade never happens and the only reason he made it is because of the backlash hes been revieving and the attendace is down a lot this year and its hurting his bottom line. 1 move in 15 years does nothing for me.

except the 2 years where they added the most salary at the deadline when they were in the thick of the central race right?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I blam Nutting plain and simple he NEVER wants to make trades like last year middlle of the hunt halfway point we get rid of out closer takes the steem right out of the team and they fall flat just like everyother year.
    I'm no defender of nutting

but i'm not sure what you are talking about here..

SilverSpoon111

except the 2 years where they added the most salary at the deadline when they were in the thick of the central race right?
    Who's the 2 players they added of worth? You must not be from Pittsburgh then cause if you were you would no thats 100% true

SilverSpoon111

I'm no defender of nutting

but i'm not sure what you are talking about here..
    Like when we were in the middle of it we like go of Mark Melancon and got shit back when he was a top 5 closer in the league.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

we?

oh you one of those fanboys?

Melancon wasn't on the team last year

SilverSpoon111

we?

I dont even like the Pirates i dont support a team that dosent try to win and i blame the owners not the players.

SilverSpoon111

we?

Like when we were in the middle of it we like go of Mark Melancon and got shit back when he was a top 5 closer in the league.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

oh, do you remember who the pirates got in that trade?

you should look at the stats comparing how they did and how much they were paid...

SilverSpoon111

oh, do you remember who the pirates got in that trade?

you should look at the stats comparing how they did and how much they were paid...

LOL look at his last 50 trades and tell me how they have worked out since your big on stats ok? Kinda hard to argue with someone about there hometowns owership what they have done and havent done when your not from there cause you would have no clue tbh. Just like i wouldnt no anything about what White Sox ownership has done.

SilverSpoon111

Who's the 2 players they added of worth? You must not be from Pittsburgh then cause if you were you would no thats 100% true
    Still waiting on those 2 blockbuster names?

SilverSpoon111

Just like we get rid of out ace Cole and get back joe musgrove who 4-5 as a starter michael feliz who got sent down and colin moran the guys who biult like a 16 year old wow smart trade id say we won right? whats cole doing this year?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

okay i'll do it for you

Melancon netted Felipe Vasquez (formerly rivero) and Taylor Hearn

Vasquez has 44 saves since that trade took place. and he didn't even get promoted to closer until last year, after he was the top set up man in league

Vasquez has 190 strike outs since that trade

Melancon has 28 saves since that trade and 71 strike outs.

Vasquz has 23 saves THIS Year

Taylor Hearn the prospect thrown in deal was used today to add keone kela who has 24 saves THIS year

Melancon ain't even on the Nats anymore he has 1 save THIS year

who do you think won that trade?
    Last edited by Chi_archie; 07-31-18 at 07:52 PM.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

here's a fun game? where did the Pirates get Mark Melancon?

SilverSpoon111

Dude for every 1 good trade he made he made 5 bad we can do this all night the fact is here and Pittsburgh on our local radio people HATE Nutting they were begging Mark Cuban to buy them because he spends money to win fans usually don't go after owners unless there not making an honest attempt to win hes all about the bottom line not to spend money to win after having a brand new Park.. While ur big to pull up stats check the attendance this year and we have been winning its been down from the start of the season not a coincidence he makes 2 trades at the deadline here??? lol ray charles can see that also like i said he NEVER makes these trades unless they win like 10 straight which they did they go 4-5,5-5 we never trade for Archer.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Dude for every 1 good trade he made he made 5 bad we can do this all night
    who brought that trade up?

You were the one that said it was last year (wrong) and that it was bad trade (wrong)

it was YOUR example of how shitty the Pirates trades are

do better

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

How is a throw a dart to win pitcher a good move?

SilverSpoon111

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    How is a throw a dart to win pitcher a good move?
    Not saying it is a good move but its a "big name" something Pirates have been allergic to bring in EVER

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Not saying it is a good move but its a "big name" something Pirates have been allergic to bring in EVER

l

"big name" that's what the yinzer jag off western pa trailer park trash fan base wants

Jags won't go to games because they are pissed that the team traded away an aging guy clearly on the decline who could no longer field his position on an expiring contract being paid 14 million

they trade for another young outfielder on the rise in offseason with 3 years left on his contract gets paid 6 million and has way better on the field performance

but he's not a "Big Name" so why go support the team?

answer. area can only support 1.5 sports franchises. Steelers and half the Penguins. They need Mario to dole out the welfare $ to keep that franchise there.
    Last edited by Chi_archie; 08-01-18 at 08:52 AM.
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave Chi_archie 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SilverSpoon111

l

"big name" that's what the yinzer jag off western pa trailer park trash fan base wants

Jags won't go to games because they are pissed that the team traded away an aging guy clearly on the decline who could no longer field his position on an expiring contract being paid 14 million

they sign a free agent with 3 years left on his contract gets paid 6 million and has way better on the field performance

but he's not a "Big Name" so why go support the team?

answer. area can only support 1.5 sports franchises. Steelers and half the Penguins. They need Mario to dole out the welfare $ to keep that franchise there.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

ChiArchie,
    Thanks for making me search for "yinzer".
    Great term.
    ~~~~~

Hey Chris...Willie Stargell is spinning in his grave...
    BLACK & GOLD!! BLACK & GOLD!!

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

jeeze guys

huntington has made good deals in the past and also some bad ones, but id definitely say hes pretty good for what he has to work with

the guy has to be almost perfect thanks to bob nuttings tight wallet

archer isnt getting paid so much and will max out at 11m? in 2021 if hes as good as the pirates expect and they pick up the team options in 20 and 21

the other deal for kela, im wondering if they will regret losing taylor hearn for what likely will be a setup man, but it sends a message that they think they have a window of about 3 years with the current core, which now includes kela and archer

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i'm thinking they'll deal from their pretty significant middle infield depth.... Newman, Kramer, Reyes, Tucker, Moroff, Frazier, Hayes
    hope this isnt the 3rd piece for archer, but that was the first name that came to my mind

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Would love to see them sweep the cubs

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    hope this isnt the 3rd piece for archer, but that was the first name that came to my mind
    I read that someone at altoona in pirates org told Charlie Hayes yesterday that he was NOT one of the players in the trade.

longstrangetrip
    longstrangetrip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8080

Chi_archie is spot on with everything he said, living in the burgh my entire life, following and rooting for the bucs since the early 70's
    Ke'Bryan Hayes is thought of as a top 3 prospect in the organization and will not be the ptbnl.
    Chi you obviously have some ties to the burgh with the yinzer comment. Nice work on your part.

SilverSpoon111

Quote Originally Posted by longstrangetrip View Post
    Chi_archie is spot on with everything he said, living in the burgh my entire life, following and rooting for the bucs since the early 70's
    Ke'Bryan Hayes is thought of as a top 3 prospect in the organization and will not be the ptbnl.
    Chi you obviously have some ties to the burgh with the yinzer comment. Nice work on your part.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Western PA is God's country you hold your tongue

Home to Punxsutawny Phil and the Ellwood City Wolverines

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by longstrangetrip View Post
    yeah born and raised up in Swissvale, after retirement parents moved to small private lake community between grove city and mercer. Brothers in sisters all up and down the dial on I-79

loved growing up there, but wasn't for me for adulthood and left after graduate school

SilverSpoon111

yeah born and raised up in Swissvale, after retirement parents moved to small private lake community between grove city and mercer. Brothers in sisters all up and down the dial on I-79

loved growing up there, but wasn't for me for adulthood and left after graduate school

I'm from Monroeville area.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

ChessPlayer1
    New here!
    ChessPlayer1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    rays win with anyone

smartest team in baseball
    Imagine if they had real money to use.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by ChessPlayer1 View Post
    Imagine if they had real money to use.

then they'd be like the Cubs.

with apologies to JJ, I'd say Theo and Jed proved they were smarter with their 4 year complete tear down and rebuild with big window of opportunity to win.

and the Cubs have an owner who will $ to win and be a great org

First 123 Last