Blackballer
    Blackballer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

Why have the bookies blown up that line on Toronto so heavily??

Detroit visit Toronto tonight with Liriano the starting pitcher for Detroit. Detroit on a 9-game losing streak now. Opening line was Toronto -178, now -195 and even -210 with some books.

Is that line purely saying, Detroit is going to lose this game also because they lost 9 before or is it considering matchup of Lirian vs Stroman as well??
    I can see that Liriano is not the sharpest of pitcher this season walking 32 in 61.2 innings but Stroman is not a pitcher that deserves to be moneyline favorite of -210, I mean just look at his numbers, look really ugly to be honest:

ERA of 6.80 in 42.1 innings, a whip of 1.68, I mean are the Blues Jays that good as a team with him on the mound or the Tigers utterly bad??
    Bookies bagging everyone to take Toronto tonight here? Even with Tigers keep losing tonight, is it really worth to price TOR -210?? Not to me somehow.

Blackballer

Forgot to add that Stroman is 0-5 record-wise and that both of these pitchers make their 2nd after returning from the disabled list; at least in this category they are not far off.
    I get it when you strictly go by the history for Liriano against TOR, in 7 starts he is 1-4 with a 5.40 ERA.

I think the best pick in the game should be to pick the game total to go OVER 9.0 (now priced @ -106), unfortunately line already adjusted after it opened total @ 8.5.
    Last edited by Blackballer; 06-29-18 at 04:55 PM.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

man, yeah that is a crazy high line on this Toronto team in any situation

seems like books are factoring a lot on "recent performance and trends" across all of MLB

Blackballer

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    man, yeah that is a crazy high line on this Toronto team in any situation

seems like books are factoring a lot on "recent performance and trends" across all of MLB
    To be honest: Stroman sucks as well! He had shoulder issues to deal with that was the reason he hit the DL. I know that the Tigers stink but how can a team with this guy be -210. His last game was decent against LAA:
    5 scoreless inn, 6 hits allowed, 1 walk and 6 K's. But still I am wary seeing this kind of line. Everything between -130 to -160 I could maybe agree.

Looks like the Tigers are auto fade material for most bettors otherwise I just can't explain why this line is so blown up