Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

MLB Had More K's Than Hits In April 2018 - 1st Time Ever In MLB History

For the first time ever, major-league batters strike out more often than they record hits, the ultimate distillation of the realities of modern baseball, where power—on both sides of the ball—reigns.

Never before had MLB seen a full month with more total strikeouts than hits. There hadn’t even been a month where the gap between the two was less than 100. April 2017 was the closest the sport had come to strikeouts overtaking hits, with a difference of 138.

Heading into Monday’s slate, the final 11 scheduled contests on the April schedule, hitters had whiffed 7,163 times. They had collected just 6,808 hits. Nearly 35% of all plate appearances this season have ended in a walk, strikeout or home run, up from less than 29% 10 years ago.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Horrific. Feel like a old man shaking my fist at kids on my lawn but I just don't like that strikeouts have become so socially excepted in name of launch angle and power!! Nothing angers me more than watching a team with runners in scoring position less than 2 outs and they fail to get 1 damn runner across!! Nobody willing to choke up and do the little things to advance runners anymore and it hurts the game imo. That why I'll always like votto despite being on team I hate, he hits for power yet typically walks more than strikes out and chokes up with 2 strikes or when situations call for it, sadly that a lost art it seems.