pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

what would you do as a baserunner?

here is the senario. you're batting with one out and one runner on third. you hit a infield grounder to SS now you taking off trying to 1st and the runner on 3rd is also taking off for some reason and trying to go home. the SS throws to the catcher at home...so you made to the 1st safely, and the runner towards the home plate turns and trying to run back to 3rd. right now the catcher and the 3rd baseman are doing a run down, so as the runner at first base would you

a) run to second base
    b) stay at 1st

i would try to run to second base because there is no way they can do a run down-double play. i saw this scenario last night or the night before (forgot which game was it). the runner just stayed at 1st.

or is there a rule in mlb that prevents you from running to second base in this situation?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

The guy in the run down would need to help your cause. They most likely will make the run down last long enough so the guy can advance to 2nd.

But if the run down is almost complete before you make up your mind to go to 2nd, then you might as well stay at first.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Go half way and make a mad dash for second when I know it's safe. How cool were run downs in Little League; I got out of them 80% of the time.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post
    Go half way and make a mad dash for second when I know it's safe. How cool were run downs in Little League; I got out of them 80% of the time.
    run downs are my favorite events to watch in baseball. i bet it'll be even funnier watching little league run downs.