EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

DOG Days of Summer - 7/4

I always feel the need to give props to the Senator for starting these threads in June. Kudos to you. The "use of your trademark" check is in the mail! I have two today:

Houston +114.....My last bet before my "vacation" was the Astros over Angels where Borkowski walked in runners left and right. I'll take the Astros and pray that the bullpen has an RA of 9.00 and pitch 2 innings. That means the Astros better be leading by at least 3 going into the 8th and Sampson needs to pitch 7. 1 unit to win 1.14 units.

Kansas City +102.....Plus money with Bannister makes my unit stand up. The Mariners, to me, are a sham. Seattle is 10 games above .500 yet they have scored as many runs as they have given up. That's a decent sign that the Mariners could be in for some rough waters ahead. 1 unit to win 1.02 units.

Good luck to everyone today.

E

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think these bets are arguable, but problematic. KC is ok, but it's a general psychological rule that when bad teams overachieve they revert badly back to the mean next game. I don't think KC will react well here after scoring 17 yesterday, I think Washburn could hold them down. And Seattle is an average team, but they do have some pop in their lineup, and Bannister is very up and down. Seattle is the kind of team that might give him problems, and of course they have a capable pen. I'm not sure about that one.

And the Houston bet, I think is sort of a toss-up. Hamels can be great of course, Houston can disappear offensively (as can Philly) and both pens are iffy. There may be a little value with Houston as an underdog, but it's shaky value IMO.

GL though, I'm way off both of these games.