bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The 2007 Rudy Stein award nominees (Worst bullpen pitcher in 2007)

Building off of Onlooker's thread I feel we need to issue award for the worst player coming out of the bullpen (AKA the Rudy Stein Award). For those who don't know who Rudy Stein is, He was the pitcher in the movie "The Bad News Bears" who was replaced by Buttermaker's daughter.

I know everyone has there personal choice, but lets try and only nominate the worst of the worst only please.

I would like to nominate the first guy to this thread in the way of Letroy Hawkins. The reason I picked good ole Letroy was strictly based on how many games he has blown in 2007 in some fashion not only for bettors, but for the Rockies this year. This guy I feel is the worst of the worst when it comes to bullpen pitchers.

Please tell me who is your nominees and why and at the end of the year we will tally up the vote and issue this award with a thread dedicated in there honor

rmcaj
    rmcaj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dan Wheeler. I hate him for blowing a 2 run lead in Colorado for me this year, that was the only time he personally screwed me. This guy stinks though.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Chris Ray and Solomon Torres have cost me the most money this year.

bigboydan

Since nobody else mentioned this guy yet. I think tonights out makes him a "shoe in" nominee.

Armando Benitez

Benitez single handily cost Florida that game tonight by giving up all those runs in the 8th inning.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Career-wise, year-in year-out, really there's no one who represents this better than Benitez. He is a true force of lead eradication, and he always seems to be in the game right when it matters. He always winds up somewhere on some team with a prominent bullpen role. The obesity, the sh*tty attitude, you gotta love him. the Benitez formula: enter game, give up lead, blame someone else, go home and eat.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

...and eat, and eat, and eat.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I guess Wheeler and Benitez will win this just by a popularity vote among those bettors who took losses with them blowing games on the mound.

But if you look at this from a the perspective of the players' salaries, the early leader for the Rudy was Mo Rivera, and the guy who should get some mention still despite having 19 saves at this point is Todd Jones, he of the 6+ ERA and pedestrian 17/14 strikeout-to-walk tallies in 31+ innings. If I'm the Tigers, I've got to be thinking about a change in the backend of that bullpen.

bigboydan

Benitez does it once again tonight I see. He had 2 outs on the Cardinals, and he gives up the tie run.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Benitez does it once again tonight I see. He had 2 outs on the Cardinals, and he gives up the tie run.
    roosterlicker he is on a +170 dog un fvckin real
    you think the team had learned their lesson by now this year with this hunk of Shit but NO

bigboydan

And Benitez just gave the Cardinals the lead.

Boy, This guy needs to be designated for assignment ASAP!

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

got to be Tampa bay

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Since nobody else mentioned this guy yet. I think tonights out makes him a "shoe in" nominee.

Armando Benitez

Benitez single handily cost Florida that game tonight by giving up all those runs in the 8th inning.
    Good thing I had the CARDS RL in that game

Negataur
    Negataur's Avatar Become A Pro!

How about Gagne?

Benitez is in the lead, but Gagne wants the prize, and is hot on his tail.

If Gagne blows a save for a first place team, doesn't that weigh more on the judging than Benitez blowing it for a terrible team?

I think these two require heavy consideration before "Rudy" makes his choice.