SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Craig Biggio gets 3,000 hits by going 4 for 5. Next stop, Hall of Fame

What a great game which finally ended with a walk off grand slam off one of the better closers.

Craig was always my favorite player from the days he played catcher. I could relate to a guy smaller than me. Even now to see him grip the bat, his hands are so small they cant get all the way around the bat.

Of course he has talent but his greatest asset is playing with heart and hustle.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    What a great game which finally ended with a walk off grand slam off one of the better closers.

Craig was always my favorite player from the days he played catcher. I could relate to a guy smaller than me. Even now to see him grip the bat, his hands are so small they cant get all the way around the bat.

Of course he has talent but his greatest asset is playing with heart and hustle.
    I have known Craig Biggio since he got into the bigs; his mother in law reported directly to my father at the company he ran. My parents attended his wedding and the baptisms of his children. Craig is a great ball player and a SOLID HUMAN BEING. Craig represents what baseball SHOULD BE, not what it has turned into.

The HOF will be lucky to have him when he is eligble.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's a cheater and steroid abuser. He should never be allowed into the HoF.

BatemanPatrickl

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap View Post
    He's a cheater and steroid abuser. He should never be allowed into the HoF.
    Are you serious? Biggio isn't exactly a power hitter and I have seen him up close many times. If he used steroids, they didn't work.

And yes he will get into the HOF

isetcap

He uses steroids in his eyes and forearms only. He is crafty but still a cheater. He probably bets on his own team and will be linked to future BALCO investigations so there is no way he can be allowed to be in the HoF. I mean look at how much bigger his forearms are than when he was in middle school.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

So what you're saying, Cap, is that I need to check the medicine cabinet at home because of the fact a couple of things on my wife's body are bigger than they were when we were in middle school?

Just for the record, Cap, since you obviously have more insight into which players have or haven't used steroids in baseball over the past dozen years or so, could you provide us with a list of the other cheaters?

isetcap

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    So what you're saying, Cap, is that I need to check the medicine cabinet at home because of the fact a couple of things on my wife's body are bigger than they were when we were in middle school?

Just for the record, Cap, since you obviously have more insight into which players have or haven't used steroids in baseball over the past dozen years or so, could you provide us with a list of the other cheaters?
    Everyone that has played since 1980 or later has used steroids and therefore must be branded a cheater. Many books have been written about how the game has become unpure so it must be true. Just look at all the players heads. They are all much bigger than when they were born. Any objective person can simply look at someone else and tell immediately if they are using steroids.

All of this just makes me very happy that my hero, Mr. Conflicting Interests himself, Butt Selig will not be appearing to validate the cheating of Barry Bonds when he breaks one of the games most coveted records. The homerun record is not legitimate anyway, because documents have clearly shown that Hank Aaron was cheating when it was discovered that he is black. Since baseball was only pure when it was played by whites, the real homerun leader is still Babe Ruth.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Yeah, ok, I'll take your word on most of that since my abuelita told me to never argue with someone who has been gnawing on a peyote button.

But you still didn't answer my question about whether or not I should be concerned with the fact my wife's teats are bigger now than when I first met her when we were 15. Do you think it's steroids or could it be all of the tugging I've done on them over the years?

isetcap

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    But you still didn't answer my question about whether or not I should be concerned with the fact my wife's teats are bigger now than when I first met her when we were 15. Do you think it's steroids or could it be all of the tugging I've done on them over the years?
    It sounds like you've been using steroids too, Tugger!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I happen to catch #3,000 live last night as well as Frank Thomas' #500 home run yesterday afternoon.

I didn't think Biggio would hit # 3,000 last night at all either, but I'm sure glad that they finally got that traveling circus over last night.

Arilou
    Arilou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 949

How much better does the team get now that he doesn't have to play all the time? It might be signifigant.

BatemanPatrickl

Quote Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
    How much better does the team get now that he doesn't have to play all the time? It might be signifigant.
    Biggio only helps the team. Please let me know how he hurts the Astros.