Scrivero
    Scrivero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

Random MLB plays by Scrivero - I know nothing about MLB teams

The idea of the thread is simple:

I play 4 plays each day. I choose the plays randomly. I do not know anything about MLB teams or about MLB in general. All I know is that there are innings, and batters, and homeruns, and pitchers and that sometimes the games get postponed because of rain or something. I have seen the game played on Youtube highlights. Was there a Yogi Berra or someone similar one day?

This is also not random sampling or anything similar, this is just me, a person who knows nothing about MLB teams, choosing plays randomly. I guess my subconscious has some reasoning why it chooses some plays over the others, some odds over the others etc. Lets see if it brings money.

All plays are to win 0,5 units. All lines are Pinnacle.

4/11 plays:
    1. Arizona ML +115
    2. Marlings ML -130
    3. Washington ML -134
    4. White Sox ML +221.

This is basically for fun and hence I can not guarantee to continue if it just misses everything a few nights in a row. Lets continue as long as its fun

NLChad11
    NLChad11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2345

Love it. It will probably turn out better than the threads where handicappers spend hours a day analyzing stats and other factors in a baseball game. I do this sometimes too for fun, or if I'm at a game I'll bet it. I'll be at the Cubs game tomorrow night for the WS ring presentation...gonna be betting the Cubs for sure! GL!

Scrivero

Quote Originally Posted by NLChad11 View Post
    Love it. It will probably turn out better than the threads where handicappers spend hours a day analyzing stats and other factors in a baseball game. I do this sometimes too for fun, or if I'm at a game I'll bet it. I'll be at the Cubs game tomorrow night for the WS ring presentation...gonna be betting the Cubs for sure! GL!
    Thanks man, I hope you are right about the turn out I also seem to rather often tail people blind but I havent capped games blind before. That is because I know too much about ice-hockey to bet it blind. And when I just try cap games based on my knowledge/instinct, it hardly ever works. I base my bets on statistics but lets try this Enjoy the Cubs game!

Scrivero

RESULTS:
    4/11 plays:

1. Arizona ML +115 WIN
    2. Marlings ML -130 WIN
    3. Washington ML -134 WIN
    4. White Sox ML +221 LOSS

Record: 3-1, +1.24 units.

Back later with tonight's random picks.

Scrivero

4/12 plays:
    1. Indians RL -118
    2. Orioles vs Red Sox U9.5 -113
    3. Cubs ML -127
    4. Texas ML +127

Record: 3-1, +1.24 units.

Scrivero

RESULTS
    4/12 plays:

1. Indians RL -118 LOSS
    2. Orioles vs Red Sox U9.5 -113 LOSS
    3. Cubs ML -127 LOSS
    4. Texas ML +127 WIN

Record: 4-4, ca +-0 units.

In the beginning I said that: "Lets continue as long as its fun "

Well, this became boring rather quickly. Its just choosing random picks. No continuity, not learning anything from it. Id rather try to learn something about the teams and the game and the stats.

This thread has come to an end, thank you for following

MJ4thQuarter92
    MJ4thQuarter92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 292

My favorite thing to do in baseball in track underdogs. I don't bet everyday, but I keep up with their performance. They win about 42% of the time, so if I see a few days have gone by and underdogs haven't been winning like they should; I will bet all underdogs in one day. Yesterday I went 11-4 doing this. Made over 8 units.

Scrivero

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4thQuarter92 View Post
    My favorite thing to do in baseball in track underdogs. I don't bet everyday, but I keep up with their performance. They win about 42% of the time, so if I see a few days have gone by and underdogs haven't been winning like they should; I will bet all underdogs in one day. Yesterday I went 11-4 doing this. Made over 8 units.
    lol sounds awesome. Nice to see you by the way, its been a long time By the way, that kinda sounds like counting cards in Blackjack. I like it. The same thing could work with other stuff as well, e.g. my shutout bets. Its probably just all about picking the right time to start betting again.

MJ4thQuarter92

I also do it for totals. If I see Overs or Unders have been hammering for a couple days, I will bet all games the other way. I also move total .5 (kind of like in hockey). This gives me + odds. Yesterday I went 8-7 doing this in baseball. I was betting Overs. I'm going to be doing it again today.
    Plus I accelerate unit size if Day 1 doesn't go as well as I like. For example, yesterday was 1u on Overs, today will be 1.5x...I won't be betting underdogs because they went 11-4 yesterday. I'm sort of tempted to bet favored teams -1.5 today...they're just about due

MJ4thQuarter92

Quote Originally Posted by Scrivero View Post
    lol sounds awesome. Nice to see you by the way, its been a long time By the way, that kinda sounds like counting cards in Blackjack. I like it. The same thing could work with other stuff as well, e.g. my shutout bets. Its probably just all about picking the right time to start betting again.
    I don't log in much anymore. I don't post picks at all anymore (superstitious). I've definitely been keeping up with your NHL stuff. I quit betting that sport about a month ago. I put in some futures yesterday.

Caps +220 to win East
    Bruins +755 to win East
    Sharks +655 to win West
    Predators +1205 to win West

Scrivero

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4thQuarter92 View Post
    I don't log in much anymore. I don't post picks at all anymore (superstitious). I've definitely been keeping up with your NHL stuff. I quit betting that sport about a month ago. I put in some futures yesterday.

Caps +220 to win East
    Bruins +755 to win East
    Sharks +655 to win West
    Predators +1205 to win West
    Interesting thoughts in the previous post. I will try to use a similar mindset in the future. I also took a break from NHL ca 3 weeks ago but am now back with the playoffs. Where do you play the futures? I havent seen any on Pinnacle... Ive started to play MLB for the first time in my life now

MJ4thQuarter92

Quote Originally Posted by Scrivero View Post
    Interesting thoughts in the previous post. I will try to use a similar mindset in the future. I also took a break from NHL ca 3 weeks ago but am now back with the playoffs. Where do you play the futures? I havent seen any on Pinnacle... Ive started to play MLB for the first time in my life now
    I bet those on 5Dimes, but Heritage had similar odds....Baseball is just like the rest, unpredictable. I don't cap based off pitchers, batters, etc....just trends and stuff like that. Example: last week, Kershaw (Dodgers) and Bumgarner (Giants) were both pitching on same day. Nobody thought either team would lose. Both did. You can't cap this shit

Scrivero

Ok, cool. Im lucky then that I can not cap anything in MLB, as I know literally nothing about it. So yes, I too stick with the statistics. MLB seems to have loads and loads of them. I just learned SDQL queries too, makes testing super much faster than the Excel stuff I was doing before