austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is there an active player who does not take steriods?

What do ya think?

Maddux? Woody Williams? You think these guys juice? Or are we in the day and age where everyone juces?

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I believe there are plenty of players, the vast majority, right now who are NOT using the stuff. But it wouldn't surprise me if 80%-90% or more at least tried them in the past, whether they were simply trying to recover from an injury quicker, used them out of curiosity, or abused them on a regular basis.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I suspect most of the users/abusers have moved away from steroids to other things like HGH.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    I suspect most of the users/abusers have moved away from steroids to other things like HGH.
    I completely agree with this...

I was discussing the topic of Steriod use with my former HS coach who I played for and coached with... He feels many or most athletes use Steriods and that is causing them to flip out like that Wrestler... I believe Steriods (and I have tried them) are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overblown... Growth hormones on the other hand have been around for decades in the NFL.. Read Lyle Alzado's book he used them.... Steriods may get the media's attention but we all know how good the media is... NOT VERY!!! Hormones and the coming DNA alterations make Steriods look like table sugar... Steriods are really overblown believe me... Steriods simply help the body "USE" not process but "USE" more protein then it normally can but not that much more... All the yahoo's that workout and drink protein shakes all day do not realize that your body CAN NOT use 40 grams each hour... It can process it but not USE IT... The body uses something like 3 grams an hour so it's like they are drinking out of a fire hose..95% is wasted....

Do most athletes use these things..? I agree with Willie Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeamer on this one....

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

i hope griffey is not in this category

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    i hope griffey is not in this category
    Mike explain why he is always hurt. Adding extra muscle and strength destroys your joints and tendons.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Griffrey

ShamsWoof10

it's going to be hard for them to restrict use of things that others will also use for "anti-aging"... I tried suppliments that claimed to naturally increase your body hormone level and let me tell you... I noticed a differance... It's not performance enhancing it's LIFE enhancing....

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post
    Mike explain why he is always hurt. Adding extra muscle and strength destroys your joints and tendons.
    I'm inclined to think that he isn't/wasn't a steroid user/abuser. His body habitus certainly didn't change like Sammy/Barry/McGuire/Conseco/Caminetti/Brady Anderson, etc.

I think Griffey has been hurt a lot because he plays so hard running into outfield walls.

BatemanPatrickl

I'm inclined to think that he isn't/wasn't a steroid user/abuser. His body habitus certainly didn't change like Sammy/Barry/McGuire/Conseco/Caminetti/Brady Anderson, etc.

I think Griffey has been hurt a lot because he plays so hard running into outfield walls.
    Steroids like Winstrol won't put a lot of mass on you but they will still increase strength and speed.

I would say he put on 25lbs since he started playing.

Doc JS

That's probably true. But he was 19 years old when he came to the major leagues. It's not unreasonable to think that he's put on 25 lbs. of muscle in the natural process of maturing and working out and better nutrition.

BatemanPatrickl

That's probably true. But he was 19 years old when he came to the major leagues. It's not unreasonable to think that he's put on 25 lbs. of muscle in the natural process of maturing and working out and better nutrition.
    25 lbs of PURE muscle (not lean body weight) is A LOT for anyone to add.

Lucas
    i am broke
    Lucas's Avatar Become A Pro!

thegreek pays me for free so therefore i must be an active player

i got injection of steroids only once in my life at hospital, when my open wounds needed cure; btw. i do not think it helped

i hope it helps

ShamsWoof10

25 lbs of PURE muscle (not lean body weight) is A LOT for anyone to add.
    This is very true... but most won't know what that would look like exactly unless you saw someone without a shirt.... it's not hard to put on 25lbs. of lean body mass but the average person can't idenity the differance between the two... I hear the word "RIPPED" being so over used and to expect the average person to tell between lean body mass and lean muscle is not likely....

ShamsWoof10

Steroids like Winstrol won't put a lot of mass on you but they will still increase strength and speed.

I have tried Winstrol V and raelly of everything I tried nothing worked or let me say I saw no change from the time I started until the time I stopped.. I made gains but I was going at the same rate as before I started taking them... It was all about eating and lifting everyday.... Steriods didn't do much to add to it so I stopped taking them and the gains kept coming UNTIL....... I stopped force feeding myself....

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would be surprised if Byung-Hyun Kim were juicing.

Also, David Wells? He is a fat tub of lard. I mean, he can be an effective starter, especially at Petco. But he is an obese man. I don't know much about steroids, but is there any way a guy could juice and still look like David Wells?

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow HG View Post
    I don't know much about steroids, but is there any way a guy could juice and still look like David Wells?
    Oh, hell yeah. I promise you if I took steroids and still got the same exercise I do, I'd look like David Wells. I already do look like David Wells, except for the fact I have fewer, and smaller, tattoos than he does.