AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

houston has dominated colorado

in every fashion home, overall, any way you put it.

the only thing in colorado favor is that houston has been losing as well.

good luck to all who take this game

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

The difference AC is that Houston has never been as bad as they are this year, while the Rockies are doing better on the road this year than they probably ever have in their history.

I am talking strictly YTD, as I realize Rockies have lost last six away.

Besides, I just can't lay this much wood with the Astros this year, no matter the opponent.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Assuming my records are correct, AC, the Rockies and Astros come into tonight's game with an all-time series record that is dead even at 61-61. This includes the 2-1 advantage from this season that Colorado holds over Houston from their series in Denver earlier this month.

If you go back just the past few years, say beginning in 2003, Houston has the series advantage at 17-10 (again, this includes the series this year). Where Houston truly dominates the series is at home with a 41-21 all-time record in the Bayou City. And the Astros have owned the Rockies at Minute Maid with a 17-4 record since the park opened in 2000.

Despite this, there's no way I'd bet on Houston at this time. With the way their bullpen is going right now, you've got to think it will take a complete game to get a dubya. Granted, Roy Oswalt could deliver a complete game tonight, and he's got some pretty good career numbers against the Rockies. But at the same time, Aaron Cook has done pretty well against the Astros, both in Houston and at home in Colorado.

AC1318

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    Assuming my records are correct, AC, the Rockies and Astros come into tonight's game with an all-time series record that is dead even at 61-61. This includes the 2-1 advantage from this season that Colorado holds over Houston from their series in Denver earlier this month.

If you go back just the past few years, say beginning in 2003, Houston has the series advantage at 17-10 (again, this includes the series this year). Where Houston truly dominates the series is at home with a 41-21 all-time record in the Bayou City. And the Astros have owned the Rockies at Minute Maid with a 17-4 record since the park opened in 2000.

Despite this, there's no way I'd bet on Houston at this time. With the way their bullpen is going right now, you've got to think it will take a complete game to get a dubya. Granted, Roy Oswalt could deliver a complete game tonight, and he's got some pretty good career numbers against the Rockies. But at the same time, Aaron Cook has done pretty well against the Astros, both in Houston and at home in Colorado.
    thanks for the info

I am only taking st louis today but see many people jumping on colorado.

for the past 3 years

houston 12-8 overall
    17-3 at home since 2000
    8-2 last 10 at home
    4-1 last 5 at home

cook 4-1 oswalt 5-2
    cook road 2-1 oswalt home 3-1

it didn't pan out for the LAA this week
    but did it profit for texas and seattle
    just going off the more recent to date numbers

I won't be playing this game but since neither team has been winning and colorado is not that good in houston I don't see them as a great bet or any bet for that matter.

17-3 at home since 2000
    8-2 last 10 at home
    4-1 last 5 at home
    .................these numbers are too much for me to take a shot on colorado

good luck to all who play them LT and BUZTAH

AC1318

another chalk game