bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Milton Bradley designated for assignment Thursday

I guess the Yankees will claim him if they can

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Oakland Athletics designated outfielder Milton Bradley for assignment Thursday, cutting ties with a player who was expected to play an important role on the team this season.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

It'll be interesting to hear the rest of this story. There's got to be more to it. You don't just release arguably the best and most talented offensive player on your team. I'm sure Bradley went on one his patented tirades to justify being let go. Guy is a complete lunatic.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

Agreed.....I'm amazed he lasted this long with the A's. This prick would be a perfect fit for the Yankees, seeing that they seem to care little what type of "personality" comes with the talent.....

oakas
    oakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17778

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    It'll be interesting to hear the rest of this story. There's got to be more to it. You don't just release arguably the best and most talented offensive player on your team. I'm sure Bradley went on one his patented tirades to justify being let go. Guy is a complete lunatic.
    The word is that he blew up after batting practice on Tuesday
    because he was not being reactivated for the game.

It is also "rumored" that one of his injuries this season occurred in the clubhouse when he threw out his shoulder throwing things in a fit of rage.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpage View Post
    This prick would be a perfect fit for the Yankees, seeing that they seem to care little what type of "personality" comes with the talent.....
    Please give one example off the current roster other than Farnsworth, who has been very respectable since coming to NY.

The Yankees have one of the best outfields in baseball, there's no reason to go after Bradley. SD is the natural fit. Bad offensive team, he stays in Cali, etc.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Please give one example off the current roster other than Farnsworth, who has been very respectable since coming to NY.

The Yankees have one of the best outfields in baseball, there's no reason to go after Bradley. SD is the natural fit. Bad offensive team, he stays in Cali, etc.
    I'm just saying Razz, it seems the Yankees were far more successful when they had an assemblage of more level headed personalities (If what the press says is true, which I concede is always iffy).

A-Rod? Who knows. Maybe he is an egomaniac, or maybe it's just people looking to jump on a guy who is successful. Pavano though has been questioned by his own teammates, as Mussina has even publicly called out his work ethic in public (Though to be technical I guess he wouldn't qualify as still being on the roster).

I'm not looking to bash the Yankees just cause I follow the RedSox. Have no time for that. My statement is just my opinion on what I percieve to be the Yankees choice to focus entirely on a players stats or potential, with little thought to what type of personality is brought to the clubhouse since the Glory era ended in 2000. But hey, like I said, just my perception.....

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

A's trade Bradley to the Royals for pitcher Leo Nunez.

oakas

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    A's trade Bradley to the Royals for pitcher Leo Nunez.
    Thanks for the info, onlooker.

oakas

Just heard the trade has been called off.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by oakas View Post
    Just heard the trade has been called off.
    You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    Frustrated outfielder Milton Bradley was dealt to the Kansas City Royals on Friday, only to be sent back to the A's later that night.

As reported by ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney on Friday, the Oakland Athletics traded Bradley to the Royals for pitcher Leo Nunez. The Royals were to pay Bradley's remaining salary ($2.3 million) as part of the deal.

But the deal was cancelled, The Kansas City Star reports, when the Royals learned that Bradley has an oblique injury that prevents him from playing. The newspaper reports that Bradley suffered the injury on a swing in his final at-bat Wednesday against the Reds.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Well, it took a week, but it's a done deal.