thecutter
    thecutter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

Shouldn't Arrieta pitch game 5?

I know it would be a strange time to go out of rotation but I believe this guy is still your best pitcher and the only one to produce a W in the series. I have not seen any post game I know it was a drubbing tonight however, and the Cubs need ANY momentum they can muster. Lester is alright but I hate when managers take a backseat to guys who want the ball....I don't think Maddon could be hurt by a decision to pitch Jake on short rest . Kind of like now or never .

ppcguru
    ppcguru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Going with Cleveland +207 & Cleveland -1.5 +370.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by thecutter View Post
    I know it would be a strange time to go out of rotation but I believe this guy is still your best pitcher and the only one to produce a W in the series. I have not seen any post game I know it was a drubbing tonight however, and the Cubs need ANY momentum they can muster. Lester is alright but I hate when managers take a backseat to guys who want the ball....I don't think Maddon could be hurt by a decision to pitch Jake on short rest . Kind of like now or never .
    You're probably the only one who thinks Arrieta is the Cubs #1 now. I saw people last series say Cubs should do a 3-man and skip Arrieta. Lester has started every series and is a playoff ace. No clue what you're talking about. Wouldn't do it on regular rest, let alone to flip the rotation on short rest. That's incredibly dumb, especially because they both have to win anyway.

So no, that would be the dumbest panic move of all time.