bretb27
    It's all about the money...
    bretb27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

MLB post season

I will track my plays throughout these playoffs.

Giants @ Mets Giants -102

I think this is one is pretty easy, I'm rolling with the Giants. To put it simply, I trust Bumgarner more in the bright lights and the Giants offense is more reliable than that of the Mets. I've been burned numerous times by both of these teams this year, the Mets just never seem to string together good at bats in crunch time. I feel like if this game was being played in SF the line would be closer to -115/120. Bumgarner will not want to turn the ball over to the bullpen before the 8th inning, I think he'll be lights out and will get just enough run support to keep him feeling confident.

Red sox @ Indians, sox -126

The red sox are a team I've tracked and bet on regularly, they are a very strong club. Everyone knows how well their offense has performed this year, and even by losing 5 of 6 to end the year, with not much run support, I still believe they will rake in the playoffs. Rick Porcello is working on 13 straight quality starts...that's insane. He's second in the majors at only 1.29 walks per 9 innings and has a great defense playing behind him. Bauer of the indians has been scuffling as of late; only 3 wins and a 5.52 ERA in his last 7 starts. Couple that with a home ERA more than a full point higher than that of his road starts and the fact it's his first ever playoff start. Even if Boston's Porcello isn't as productive as he has been, I think the sox offense will save him.

whichever side you're on, good luck! As always, comments/critiques are welcome

bretb27

There isn't a line showing in the Orioles @ Jays game yet, but starting pitchers were just announced. Tillman vs stroman... battle of the mans. I feel as though Baltimore is the play here. Stroman is a good, hard throwing, young pitcher... but I think the adrenaline and big moment's may get the best of him here. Tillman is a more relaxed and seasoned pitcher.. I think he will stay a little more even keeled when it matters, which is huge. Both lineups have some serious pop, the Orioles have a better defense, a much better bullpen, and are the hotter team right now. Stay tuned for a line, but I'm rolling with Baltimore in what I have to imagine will be a dog of +130 or so.

Dodgers @ Nationals nationals +128

I know, I know... it's Clayton Kershaw... but my gut is screaming take the nats in this spot. Scherzer as a home dog is so enticing and i really do believe washington has the better team, specifically on offense. This should be a classic pitchers duel with easily two of the best guys on the planet going... i think the home field advantage will really brings out the best in Max, and he will be out there flame-throwing. I'm not going as heavy on this game as it's more a hunch than anything, but you gotta love having your ace at home and as a dog

philly1
    philly1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

Bookmaker has Baltimore @ +136, Toronto -151

bretb27

yup my book just got it... I'm on the orioles +138

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Why isn't redox minus 175 in game 1...by your acct red Sox pitcher has huge edge over clever gm 1. Cleveland wins game 1...line tells me that. Price had bad Era 4 him this season

bretb27

its the playoffs... you'll never see a -175 line. that line is however climbing to -150... Price isn't pitching game 1

bretb27

well, that was a tough pill to swallow... a few very questionable call there from buck showalter, but it is what it is. You don't deserve to win a ball game if you can only muster 2 scores in 11 innings.

0-1 -1 unit

bretb27

Well, my opinion on the Giants game couldn't have been more spot on. I am now 1-1 in these playoffs and look to strike again with Boston. I'm leaning the over in Rangers/Jays but will have a write up for it soon if I do play

bretb27

over would have hit, I did not play it, however. Let's go red sox, need them for a good pay!