fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Streaky Betting

When I first starting this season, overall, I was making some decent profits. Then, everything started to pick up and I developed a winning streak. When my winning streak was up, I developed a losing streak. Unfortunately, I am still in this slump and looking for a way out. This slump has eaten up my profits.

My losing streak started on June 11th. It wasn't caused by interleague play because I performed well at the start.

I just don't know what I can do to turn this around.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

I always take a step back and take a few days off to watch things unfold for a bit. Maybe make some picks without laying any wood and when you start feeling more confident in your picks then get back in the mix.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I wouldn't go changing things. If you been capping one way for sometime, don't change it up because of a losing streak. We all go through it, and you should be able to work out of it.

Maybe take a break until interleague is over with. I know you said that was it, but it could be a refreshing break.

cwsulzba
    cwsulzba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Dont be so dead set on the prices and look at the games. I think some of you guys go a little overboard bailing on games because of prices.

Homr
    Homr's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree, prices throw people off, stick to facts, not feelings
    a feeling cant pay the bill

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

I disagree with the above 2 posts. Successful handicapping is all about value. Basically it all comes down to comparing what the true chances of a team winning the game is compared to what the odds that are being offered are. You cannot be successful long term if you are consistently betting teams that you feel might win, if the odds being offered don't justify the risk. And with that in mind you can never ever not worry about the price that is being offered.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seasons seem to run in cycles a lot of times. Thats really why I always slow down/stop wagering at the all-star break of every sport, and week 11 of the NFL season.