bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Watson ties 95-year International League hitting streak record

Did you guys catch this story. The Nationals should probably bring up this guy.

OTTAWA (AP) - Brandon Watson extended his hitting streak to 42 games, tying a 95-year-old International League record with two hits to help the Columbus Clippers beat the Ottawa Lynx 5-4 on Saturday.

Jack Lelivelt set the IL record for the Rochester Hustlers in 1912.

Watson has a chance to break the record Sunday in the finale of the series with Ottawa.

"I've always been proud of myself, but it's a team game," Watson said. "Individually, I feel I'm doing well, but, in the end, I want my team to do well, too. If I play well, then my team will do good."

Watson led off the game by grounding out, then walked in the second inning, but used his speed to turn a single into a double against Lynx starter Eude Brito in the top of the fourth. He singled again in the sixth and grounded out in the seventh.

"I'm having fun with the record and hopefully (Sunday) is another good day, but, if not, I can't hang my head about it," Watson said. "Any time you do something like this, you'll be happy. It's a great feeling, but in the end I just want to get back to the major-league level."

Watson played 35 major league games in 2005 and '06, batting .176.

The Clippers are the Washington Nationals' Triple-A affiliate.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/6930976

DrunkenLullaby
    DrunkenLullaby's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    The Nationals should probably bring up this guy.
    What? And jeopardize throwing a wrench into that juggernaut lineup they currently have going?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

That is some feat