trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10371

Happy Tim Lincecum Day

Why the Angels are dragging out this rotting corpse of a pitcher to throw batting practice is beyond understanding.

If it's any conciliation his fip 7.04 is significantly lower than his 8.49 era. So it seems we are seriously undervaluing the freak show The one salvageable pitch he still throws is the changeup, but guess who is the best team in the league hitting changeups,

Mariners wCH +14

Good luck 2nite

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

So are you taking Seattle?

trobin31

Raven, I don't have any skin on the game, yet. I use a model and it spit out Seattle -175, so it's a pass on the full game for now. I have a good feeling Seattle will get bet up later but no wayam I betting Angels unless it hits +200

intermission
    intermission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7120

Trobin, wtf does "Mariners wCH +14" mean?

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

all that talk and no balls to bet it

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by intermission View Post
    Trobin, wtf does "Mariners wCH +14" mean?
    Its a measure of how well a pitcher or batter performs against a certain type of pitch. It's similar to WAR, wins above replacement. + wCH means you are performing well, - wCH indicates poor performance. These numbers are available for each type of pitch at fangraphs.

I find it extremely helpful in certain instances. You'll find certain teams perform poorly vs certain type of pitches. For example, I think it was a few weeks ago Lincecum pitched agst the Orioles who for whatever reason are performing terribly vs changeups all year. After a certain point you just start remembering which teams struggle agst which type of pitcher. Ie pirates and diamondbacks could not hit a slider if you told them it was coming. Nationals hit fastballs and cutters well but struggle agst any type of braking pitch. Indians hit braking pitches well but struggle agst hard throwers.
    Points Awarded:

JayDr3am gave trobin31 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RavensFan2k3

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    all that talk and no balls to bet it
    Trust me, it takes a lot more balls not to bet on something. I was just throwing the info out there bc I found it compelling and thought others could use it.

I already have 10 plays locked in since this morning so I'm good where I am sitting.

Mxs1332
    Mxs1332's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6872

I followed you.

3 units Seattle First Five

GL GL GL

tallwhiterussian
    Update your status
    tallwhiterussian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1199

Trobin so I don't get it you create a thread and say how bad one pitcher is and how the other team should tee off on him but you are not going to put $100 on it? I'm surprised I have seen you make some great calls don't get this one

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by tallwhiterussian View Post
    Trobin so I don't get it you create a thread and say how bad one pitcher is and how the other team should tee off on him but you are not going to put $100 on it? I'm surprised I have seen you make some great calls don't get this one
    Russian, I don't think having a fresh grilled halibut thrown down on your plate is gonna make you a better fisherman. Im just sharing info I thought could be useful to others. Do with it as you will. I have been gambling but a few years but in that time I've learned tailing someone based on random or no info is a great way to zero out your bankroll. If you havent handicapped the game then you shouldn't bet on it.

intermission

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Its a measure of how well a pitcher or batter performs against a certain type of pitch. It's similar to WAR, wins above replacement. + wCH means you are performing well, - wCH indicates poor performance. These numbers are available for each type of pitch at fangraphs.

I find it extremely helpful in certain instances. You'll find certain teams perform poorly vs certain type of pitches. For example, I think it was a few weeks ago Lincecum pitched agst the Orioles who for whatever reason are performing terribly vs changeups all year. After a certain point you just start remembering which teams struggle agst which type of pitcher. Ie pirates and diamondbacks could not hit a slider if you told them it was coming. Nationals hit fastballs and cutters well but struggle agst any type of braking pitch. Indians hit braking pitches well but struggle agst hard throwers.
    ok im confused so just give me a winner homie

Mxs1332
    Mxs1332's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6872

He's saying Seattle is the best team in baseball against hitting change ups. Angels pitcher Tim Lincecum relies on his change up to pitch thru games. Therefore solid match-up on paper but you should do your own homework before deciding to tail or follow.

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by intermission View Post
    ok im confused so just give me a winner homie
    Only winner I got is......

Hilary Clinton to win presidential election

Invest 100 dollars each week & collect your money in November

Or

Blue Jays & Cubs tonight

omega
    omega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2370

The only play would be Seattle Team Total, depends on what they set the number at cuz Mariners offense is pretty unimpressive even though they hit homeruns. I would def play over 3.5, maybe play 4, maaaaaaybe 4.5, but anything beyond that is a crapshoot.

Good solid info though, OP.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

halos are an excellent play tonight

intermission

Only winner I got is......

Hilary Clinton to win presidential election

Invest 100 dollars each week & collect your money in November

Or

Blue Jays & Cubs tonight
    Thanks trobin, i had cubs and jays parlayed

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

well said/explained trobin.