DOG Days of Summer - 6/6

A profitable 1-1 yesterday. Considering:

Philadelphia +155

Cincinnati +103

Baltimore +132

Kansas City +195

Tampa Bay +101

Chicago White Sox +132

Remember, this thread and its discussion is DOGS ONLY!

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Oakland and Philly are the only two dogs right now that intrigue me and not by very much.

Kind of like STL and TOR at those short home prices.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I like

minn +162

kc +194

phil +154

lad +100

like stlouis, baltimore, tor and no decision on sox but would give them a shot.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am absolutely in love with Kansas City tomorrow. If I ever decided to bet more than 2% on a game, tomorrow would be the day and KC would be the team.
    Last edited by Senator7; 06-06-07 at 01:14 AM.

moses millsap

GL on that one S7. The way the Indians hit RHP scares me, but Byrd can definitely serve them up if he so desires.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by Senator7 View Post
    I am absolutely in love with Kansas City tomorrow. If I ever decided to bet more than 2% on a game, tomorrow would the day and KC would be the team.
    I'd stick with the 2%....remember this is still KC we are talking about. Granted they are better than last year but CLEV is legit and they are at home where they have only lost 6 games all year. Paul Byrd is a very average pitcher though and this type of chalk seems more than he should be laying. I was thinkin more like -160....

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

i dont like
    philly
    kc
    balt

to take big dogs like these i need a better pitcher

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Well, I'm gonna decelerate today, unit-wise, because I'm betting 8 ML dogs today. I like a whole lot on this card:

Florida +120...1 unit...ATL is not producing runs lately. I could bump this down to a 1/2 unit if Cabrera doesn't go. I think it is more likely that Olsen goes deep than Davies.

ChiCubs +105...1/2 unit...Zambrano is capable of being the best pitcher in the NL. Thus far, I think he has shown he is one of the worst. Taking a gamble on the volatility of Zambrano plus the Cubs are poised to start scoring runs in bunches in my opinion.

Cincinnati +105...1/2 unit...Arroyo has been awful but I see this one as a slugfest especially considering the depleted pens for both sides which aren't that good in the 1st place.

SF +146...1 unit...Would consider this my play of the day. Morris is showing signs of a younger form and I don't think much of Webb. I'm hunching that the Giants will win more games in June; I like this spot for them.

Minnesota +180...1 unit...I'll say this again. I love Lackey at home but this price just seems so unreal. Strictly playing the price.

Baltimore +127....1/2 unit...I can't seem to say NO to the Orioles. This will be the 7th straight day I have played the O's. I need my head examined.

KC Royals +204...1/2 unit...Will certainly take the price with Bannister. I agree with some on here that have commented about the great price here. I perceive value with this price. Indians are great at home but at 2:1 against a starter (Byrd) that has had swings of volatility in his past, I'll take a gander.

Oakland +114...1/2 unit...Everyone is betting on the come today with Boston. I'm not so sure that is the correct way to look at this game. Kennedy has been very good with zero run support. He'll need to have a good outing again for OAK to win and I think he'll do it. I think OAK is a lot better than their record indicates.

Good luck, gentlemen. I have promised myself not to watch the Orioles game today because I'm out of Maalox.

E

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's Matt Morris DOG DAY! My favorite! This is a great price for Morris even against Webb. Webb has struggled a little in recent years with SF as well. I think Arizona has lost something like 4 of his last six starts to the Giants.

Senator7

The deed is done:

Cincinnati +110

Kansas City +212

Tampa Bay +105

Chicago White Sox +144

Good luck today, fellas!

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by EBone View Post
    Well, I'm gonna decelerate today, unit-wise, because I'm betting 8 ML dogs today. I like a whole lot on this card:

Florida +120...1 unit...ATL is not producing runs lately. I could bump this down to a 1/2 unit if Cabrera doesn't go. I think it is more likely that Olsen goes deep than Davies.

ChiCubs +105...1/2 unit...Zambrano is capable of being the best pitcher in the NL. Thus far, I think he has shown he is one of the worst. Taking a gamble on the volatility of Zambrano plus the Cubs are poised to start scoring runs in bunches in my opinion.

Cincinnati +105...1/2 unit...Arroyo has been awful but I see this one as a slugfest especially considering the depleted pens for both sides which aren't that good in the 1st place.

SF +146...1 unit...Would consider this my play of the day. Morris is showing signs of a younger form and I don't think much of Webb. I'm hunching that the Giants will win more games in June; I like this spot for them.

Minnesota +180...1 unit...I'll say this again. I love Lackey at home but this price just seems so unreal. Strictly playing the price.

Baltimore +127....1/2 unit...I can't seem to say NO to the Orioles. This will be the 7th straight day I have played the O's. I need my head examined.

KC Royals +204...1/2 unit...Will certainly take the price with Bannister. I agree with some on here that have commented about the great price here. I perceive value with this price. Indians are great at home but at 2:1 against a starter (Byrd) that has had swings of volatility in his past, I'll take a gander.

Oakland +114...1/2 unit...Everyone is betting on the come today with Boston. I'm not so sure that is the correct way to look at this game. Kennedy has been very good with zero run support. He'll need to have a good outing again for OAK to win and I think he'll do it. I think OAK is a lot better than their record indicates.

Good luck, gentlemen. I have promised myself not to watch the Orioles game today because I'm out of Maalox.

E
    Good luck E, I don't like this card at all. In fact, it's so bad that it almost reminds me of the 5/21 card

EDIT: Meant to say the whole card sucks, not your card of plays. I do like Oakland and only liking STL out of the faves that your dogs are opposing.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey guys,

These are the dogs I like today...

Cubs
    Astros
    Dodgers
    Pirates

Good luck to all

EBone

No Biggie

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED View Post
    Good luck E, I don't like this card at all. In fact, it's so bad that it almost reminds me of the 5/21 card

EDIT: Meant to say the whole card sucks, not your card of plays. I do like Oakland and only liking STL out of the faves that your dogs are opposing.

OWNED, I don't take anything personally. No need to clarify, man. I'm just like all the other degenerates on here.....no better, no worse. Just trying to make a buck.

Good luck today. It might be a good time to go back to your favorites experiment that you tried awhile back since I'm on all these dogs. Could be a profitable day for you.

E

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

The only dog I like today is a small one. I will take my shot with Kazmir and the Rays.

Good luck today everyone.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Oakland line is ridiculous. Absolute worst case scenario, that is a 50-50 game.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Hey guys,

These are the dogs I like today...

Cubs
    Astros
    Dodgers
    Pirates

Good luck to all
    Not trying to tell you this is a bad play, but in WW's last six starts at Coors:

29 IP, 67 hits, 51 runs, 15 HR, 14.90 ERA, 2.55 WHIP, .438 BAA

EBone

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    The Oakland line is ridiculous. Absolute worst case scenario, that is a 50-50 game.

Agreed. I haven't looked at the money bet percentages but, intuitively, this is almost certainly a public move.

E

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

After yesterday's game, I have even more faith in the ability of the royals. Bannister +205

Cabrera +120- The orioles are way overdue for this win

and Morris +158 sounds good.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Not trying to tell you this is a bad play, but in WW's last six starts at Coors:

29 IP, 67 hits, 51 runs, 15 HR, 14.90 ERA, 2.55 WHIP, .438 BAA
    Thanks for the heads up Razz...
    I just think that WW is better than his record... and at +140 I think he´s worth a shot today. Plus the Rockies are not that strong at home...

Senator7

Looks like 2-2 and a decent profit.

Guess I should have played Philadelphia and Baltimore...