seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Braves at 20-1 to win the WS?

Would you take those odds today? Too high? Too low? I like those odds. Give me some feedback.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I had to make a pick to win the NL, it would be the Braves. They have a very solid top 3, and it seems like Davies is emerging as a solid 4. They have no weakness in their lineup, and the pen is strong. If they still had Gonzalez, I'd take that bet in a minute. It's still a nice price.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I think SD is a better future bet to win the NL.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Last time I checked, the Braves were still in the same division as the Mets, right?

Seriously though, this bet only has potential if the Braves make the playoffs. I agree with BB that San Diego at 15/1 is a better bet than Atlanta at 20/1. I feel that the Padres are a lock (I know, hate that word) to make the playoffs while the Braves are not, and even if both make the playoffs, I think San Diego, with the best bullpen in baseball, has a better chacne of beating the Mets than Atlanta does.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Last time I checked, the Braves were still in the same division as the Mets, right?

Seriously though, this bet only has potential if the Braves make the playoffs. I agree with BB that San Diego at 15/1 is a better bet than Atlanta at 20/1. I feel that the Padres are a lock (I know, hate that word) to make the playoffs while the Braves are not, and even if both make the playoffs, I think San Diego, with the best bullpen in baseball, has a better chacne of beating the Mets than Atlanta does.

Remember, these are not your dad's mlb playoffs. The wild card has made making the playoffs easier even if you don't win your division. But I will see what SD will fetch and I may hedge them both.

LT Profits

seaborneq,

Yes I know. Maybe I should have been more clear and said that the Braves are not a shoe-in for the wild card berth.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Braves have a much better chance of making the playoffs than the Padres, IMO. I still think they'll win the East, but even if not, they still win 90 games or so. I'm not sure the Padres can do the same without any offensive production.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

The Braves are probably better than everyone else in the NL except the Mets and Padres. I do not think the Braves could beat the both of them to make it to the WS. However, the Pads and Mets could knock each other off and that leaves the Braves with the BrewCrew or Dodgers. I like those odds.

LT Profits

seaborneq,

If we assume that the Mets finish with the best record in the National League and San Diego finishes with the second best, then if the Braves win the wild card, they would meet SD in the first round. Assuming the Mets beat the Central winner, the Braves would indeed have to beat both SD and the Mets to reach the World Series.