Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

DOG Days of Summer - 6/5

Considering:

Philadelphia +141

Chicago Cubs +104

There's a lot of lopsided games tomorrow filled with pitchers I don't want to bet against...

Remember, this thread and its discussion is DOGS ONLY!

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Senator7 View Post
    Considering:

Philadelphia +141

Chicago Cubs +104

There's a lot of lopsided games tomorrow filled with pitchers I don't want to bet against...

I like the cubs a little more than the phils

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I got 5 today. All for one unit:

ChiCubs +100.....Not a real strong play statistically. Somewhat playing a hunch that the Brewers' funk continues. I think the Cubs are long overdue for a good stretch.

Houston +120.....I've watched this Hirsch a few times and he is just awful plus his team doesn't score many runs in general. Taking Wandy as an-anti Colorado play with a hunch that the Astros can score some runs tonight.

Baltimore +130.....This is just dumb on my part as I have now played Baltimore for the 6th straight day. I am having a hard time believing that Baltimore is this bad. Maybe Burress can give 7 strong tonight. I don't believe Seattle is very good but I've been wrong before.

Oakland +148.....Like this spot for the A's. Big public play pitcher in Matsuzaka versus an unknown in Dinardo. A's at home and this is their time of year. If I had a play of the day, this would be it.

Minnesota +180.....I concede that I probably have a little man crush on Baker but he has so much potential. Escobar had a rough outing last time out so you would think a good effort is due for Escobar but I'm thinking that Escobar is not as good as his record or ERA indicates. I'll try again with my boy Baker.

Good luck Senator7. I'll be rootin those Cubbies in again tonight. If anyone finishes above .500 in the Central, they are likely to win the division.

E

AC1318

Quote Originally Posted by EBone View Post
    I got 5 today. All for one unit:

ChiCubs +100.....Not a real strong play statistically. Somewhat playing a hunch that the Brewers' funk continues. I think the Cubs are long overdue for a good stretch.

Houston +120.....I've watched this Hirsch a few times and he is just awful plus his team doesn't score many runs in general. Taking Wandy as an-anti Colorado play with a hunch that the Astros can score some runs tonight.

Baltimore +130.....This is just dumb on my part as I have now played Baltimore for the 6th straight day. I am having a hard time believing that Baltimore is this bad. Maybe Burress can give 7 strong tonight. I don't believe Seattle is very good but I've been wrong before.

Oakland +148.....Like this spot for the A's. Big public play pitcher in Matsuzaka versus an unknown in Dinardo. A's at home and this is their time of year. If I had a play of the day, this would be it.

Minnesota +180.....I concede that I probably have a little man crush on Baker but he has so much potential. Escobar had a rough outing last time out so you would think a good effort is due for Escobar but I'm thinking that Escobar is not as good as his record or ERA indicates. I'll try again with my boy Baker.

Good luck Senator7. I'll be rootin those Cubbies in again tonight. If anyone finishes above .500 in the Central, they are likely to win the division.

E
    I like the cubs but probably won't play them

as you said dinardo is unknown but to oak dice man is too, never played him like boston never seen dinardo. Last night boston put on a hell of a show with know rest I think tonight they capitalize. As I said in another thread oak takes game one, dice man game two, wakefield over kennedy game 3 but blanton and the A's take down schilling for the closer.BOS

wandy has been succesful in the past at 3-1 vs col but 1-1 in colorado
    both about even stat wise 2-5 apiece wandy 5-5 hirsh 5-6 going with the home side here. thing is colorado is a shit ass 2-8 vs lefties last 10 and 7-13 last 20 very poor. COL.

minn baker 0-3 lifetime vs LAA escobar who I don;t like either 5-3 LAA 14-6 last 20 vs minn. baker 0-2 in LA escobar 2-1 at home going with LAA

burres very good and I like this guy a lot but as I keep saying a couple weeks back I read many post of people all over baekboth have winning records at 3-2 t w/l 3-2 buress 6-2 for baek. I am going with the home guy here both could score neither has faced opposing teams. SEA

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't originally plan to play this one - but am now thinking about it. SF +132. Cain has been very good against the D-Backs and The Unit should be getting his price lifted due to a recent run of solid starts. However, he has not pitched well at home yet this season, losing 3 of 4 starts - one win vs. SF though.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Carlyle +110 - Mitre nowhere near as good as the numbers have shown. This guy is a minor league pitcher, and if it is close after 5, the Braves will win. Carlyle was pretty good against a better lineup last time out, save one bad inning, which was started by a bunt single and flair. He'll have more success tonight against a team the Braves historically own.

Vargas -103 - Price is right for the better lineup, bullpen, and manager. Vargas has better stuff than Lilly, and despite Lilly's early season success he is still a .500 career pitcher. The Cubs may have played better the last couple days, but they still have no business being -odds in this game.

De La Rosa +240 - JdlR is much better than he showed last time against Cleveland, and this takeback is too much to ignore. Any time I can get an above average LHP against the Indians, I'm looking to make a play, and though he could get shelled again, he is just as likely to bounce back.

Clippard +110 - Buerhle has been mediocre except for the one start, and the Yankees still have lineup and bullpen advantages. Not sure Clippard gives a great start, but he should be decent against a struggling lineup, and at least the bullpen wasn't decimated last night.

DiNardo +145 - DiNardo's not a great pitcher, but he is left handed, and he has the added motivation of playing against his former team. Good price for a pretty good team at home against a struggling team.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I like:

Dodgers - Padres bullpen adanatage not as big as usual, and LA has the better offense.

Kansas Ciity +10,000 - I know its CC, but I like de la Rosa a lot and feel he is worth a shot at better than +200

Oakland - Dice-K is tough, but Bosox never seen Dinardo either. I see a low-scoring game, so will side with the home puppy.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with Razz and LT in regards to KC/Cleveland. I do feel they are worth a shot at this price. I also agree with Ebone in regards to his Twins play.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

I liked Kansas City too, but I've lost too much money already this season by betting against Sabathia...

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

slim pickings for dogs tonite
    only ones feasible i see are
    philly, cubs, a's, cards

MAYBES-texas? cinci?

if they didnt meltdown last nite baltimore would be a play but i dont like to take teams after a nite like they had last nite

maybe if theres a clear cut dog at gametime in the pitts/wash game i will take them

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Twins are the only dog I like tonight.

I'm curious as to why so many are on the A's? DiNardo is not a big-league pitcher, and I think this is the first time all season Daisuke isn't overpriced. HUGE pitching mismatch in this one, and the Sox bullpen is in good shape with both Papelbon and Okajima available tonight.

AC1318

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Twins are the only dog I like tonight.

I'm curious as to why so many are on the A's? DiNardo is not a big-league pitcher, and I think this is the first time all season Daisuke isn't overpriced. HUGE pitching mismatch in this one, and the Sox bullpen is in good shape with both Papelbon and Okajima available tonight.
    you are correct sir. go sox

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    DiNardo is not a big-league pitcher
    Why do you say that? I know he was lousy last year, but other than that, his career numbers are good. Hell, even with the terrible season last year, his career ERA is still better than Matsuzaka's.
    With that said, there's no arguing that Matsuzaka is the better pitcher - and more likely to last longer - and Boston has the better offense. I just think the price is about 10 cents too high.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the Dog of the Day has got to be Texas. Rheinecker is on the improve, with a supposedly new changeup, and Robertson is having mysterious but likely real troubles. As always, Detroit could slug their way to a big win, but if Rheinecker can hold them at bay, a real possibility, they'll have a hard time winning IMO.

Razz

Robertson's numbers at Ameriquest are scary though.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Regarding DiNardo, remember that he came up through the Boston organization and broke in with the Red Sox last season. Thus, he should have even a greater advantage than usual facing this team for the first time, as he should be very familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of the Boston lineup.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

cubs now apparently favored

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post

It is true, he threw a great game there 2 years ago, and another excellent one 3 years ago.

But if you want to see some scary Robertson numbers, check out what he did last week, or in May.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    cubs now apparently favored
    It's hilarious really. The Cubs very well may win this game, just like there was a chance last night. But there is no way in hell anyone can make a logical argument that they will win this game over 50% of the time.

AC1318

3-0 there

AC1318

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Regarding DiNardo, remember that he came up through the Boston organization and broke in with the Red Sox last season. Thus, he should have even a greater advantage than usual facing this team for the first time, as he should be very familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of the Boston lineup.
    I would be more concerned that the boston orginazation knows his weakness. Boston will win this game and the next with wakefield then blanton wins the 4th game vs schilling.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow HG View Post
    It is true, he threw a great game there 2 years ago, and another excellent one 3 years ago.

But if you want to see some scary Robertson numbers, check out what he did last week, or in May.
    If I was on Detroit tonight (I'm not), I wouldn't worry about him. Sure, he gave up DD hits to Cleveland, Boston, and Seattle in the last month. But those teams are 2nd, 3rd, and 5th in batting average, 2nd, 3rd, and 9th in slugging, and 1st, 2nd, and 12th in OBP. Texas is 26th, 13th, and 23rd respectively in those categories.
    Robertson has been good against all the bad offenses he's faced. Tiexiera is the only Rangers hitter who has any sort of success against him. Robertson is 3-0 with a 1.71 ERA and a 0.95 WHIP at Ameriquest. He's much more likely to have a good outing tonight than is Rheinecker.

rjt721

Why do you say that? I know he was lousy last year, but other than that, his career numbers are good. Hell, even with the terrible season last year, his career ERA is still better than Matsuzaka's.
    With that said, there's no arguing that Matsuzaka is the better pitcher - and more likely to last longer - and Boston has the better offense. I just think the price is about 10 cents too high.
    DiNardo really only throws two pitches - a mid-high 80's fastball and a curveball, which he has trouble getting over. His mound presence is terrible, and he has no control. His career numbers are extremely misleading - his first two years with the Sox he started only one game and was primarily used as a situational lefty/mop-up man, and he rarely pitched in close games. I think last season, in which he started 6 games (1-2, 8.75, .369 Opp. Avg) is a far greater indication of his ability.

Pitching against Boston's patient lineup is a terrible matchup for DiNardo, who, like I said, has difficulty throwing strikes. I think he gets shelled tonight.

The only positive I see for Oakland backers is that Embree will be unavailable.

rjt721

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    LT, DiNardo came up with the Sox in '04, and was back and forth between AAA and Boston during his three years. I think you'll see why he never stuck with the big club tonight.

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

De la rosa pitched a great game. Unfortunately, the KC offense couldn't do it any justice.

AC1318

Quote Originally Posted by Senator7 View Post
    Considering:

Philadelphia +141

Chicago Cubs +104

nice call on the phils at the hefty number