LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

MLB June Records

June is the unoffifcial beginning of the "dog days of summer", and teams react differently at this time of the year. Some teams usually heat up like the summer sun, while others melt away in the heat.

Here are the best and worst June records in baseball for the last two full seasons plus the first two days of this month:

MLB June Records - 2005-2007 (through 6/2/07)

BEST
    Chi White Sox 38 16 70.4%
    Oakland 38 17 69.1%
    Boston 35 19 64.8%
    Detroit 34 21 61.8%
    Minnesota 33 21 61.1%

WORST
    Chi Cubs 23 33 41.1%
    Atlanta 23 34 40.4%
    Tampa Bay 22 33 40.0%
    Arizona 18 40 31.0%
    Pittsburgh 11 37 22.9%

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Interesting stuff, LT. I'll list 3 teams for June I'll be looking to play and 3 teams I'll be looking to play against as a general rule:

PLAY ON:

Oakland A's: it has been well documented on this forum that the A's start playing well this time of year. I think this year will continue that trend.

SF Giants: I haven't looked at the schedule but the Giants look to me to be the 2nd best team in that division. I'd like to see them play the Dodgers and D'Backs this June. There could be money had in those games.

SD Padres: I think they are very, very good. They are the best in the division and could be the best in the National League. I'll be looking for dog situations with the Padres if they ever come up. Good money was made with a guy by the name of Germano early on.

PLAY AGAINST:

Colorado Rockies, STL Cardinals and TB Devil Rays: Putrid, putrid and putrid. Rockies and Cardinals had 7 games against each other recently. I think they both are just awful. I really thought the D'Rays were going to be better this year but they have absolutely zero pitching. If their starters don't go at least 7 innings in a game, it is big time trouble for them. I'll be looking to play against these 3 as often as possible because I think enough data has been gathered to suggest that these 3 might get worse.

E

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I'll also chime in and say: I think the ChiSox June streak of the last few years comes to an end this year. The ChiSox aren't very good either. How they are right at .500 is a minor miracle in my opinion.

E

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Astros traditionally pick up the pace in June - that might be a tad misleading because their Mays have sucked so many balls the last few years!

LT Profits

Eagles,

Houston has REALLY picked it up after the All-Star break though, when they and Oakland have been the best.

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Do you have the Reds percentage, LT?

LT Profits

zootiehead,

Cincinnati 26-30, 46.4%

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I think the Red Sox could be a good fade in June. Tough schedule with a lot of tough road series, including trips to Oakland, Arizona, Atlanta and San Diego. I can't see them posting a record like they did in May. A June record of around .500 is more likely.

EBone, I also really like that Padres team. I think they are the class of the NL West, and if a game is close in the late innings, I always feel comfortable with my money on them because of their bullpen, which is by far the best in baseball.

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    zootiehead,

Cincinnati 26-30, 46.4%
    Thanks LT. Kinda surprised it's that good.