Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

5/26 Bases

A little late, but looking at:

Florida +133

Detroit -102

Kansas City +113

Already have the Angels underway. How in the world can the Angels be +160 underdogs to the Yankees?

Discussion?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I respectfully disagree on your Tigers play Senator.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on the Tribe as well. CC has good #s against DET and Cleveland seems to be back in a good offensive groove in their last two games.

Senator7

The deed is done, my card for the day:

LA Angels +160

Florida +135

Detroit -105

Kansas City +114

Best of luck to everyone today...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

We are looking good in that Angels game. Up 3-1 at the moment.

I guess they consider Wang the Yankees Ace. He and Andy are neck to neck for that title.

Senator7

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    We are looking good in that Angels game. Up 3-1 at the moment.

I guess they consider Wang the Yankees Ace. He and Andy are neck to neck for that title.
    I keep thinking that it must be the public money that keeps pushing the Yanks, but after a while you have to ask yourself...WTF?

Even in most World Series Futures the Yanks are one of the top 5 favorites, but I don't see it. They're barely one of the top 5 teams in the American League...

In the late 90s, the Yankees were successful by taking solid veterans past their primes (Justice, Knoblauch, Raines, Fielder) and combining them with awesome talent from their farm system (Jeter, Petitte, Rivera). Since then, they've traded away their farm system and got lazy by acquiring big name free agents to whom the pinstripes mean absolutely nothing. By coming up through the Yankee farm system, guys like Jeter, Rivera, and Petitte understand the significance of what it means to wear the pinstripes and be a Yankee. The same cannot be said of Giambi, A-Rod, Damon, and Abreu and it shows on the field...

cwsulzba
    cwsulzba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

I dont like your Royals play, you should have looked into that a little bit more closely I think.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I'm with you on the Tigers, Senator. Seems like we're the only two Tigers backers on this board, but Verlander has been much more dominant than Sabathia thus far. Tough to pass up the Tigers at that price coming off a loss at home with Verlander on the hill, even against CC and the Tribe.

Senator7

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    I'm with you on the Tigers, Senator. Seems like we're the only two Tigers backers on this board, but Verlander has been much more dominant than Sabathia thus far. Tough to pass up the Tigers at that price coming off a loss at home with Verlander on the hill, even against CC and the Tribe.
    Sabathia's Expected ERA is much higher than his actual ERA. Verlander's Expected ERA is much lower than his actual ERA. Not to mention, the Tigers are 8-2 vs. lefties this season and playing at home. This is the best price you'll see on Verlander and Detroit at home for quite a while I think.

I actually like my Kansas City play. Bannister has been much better than his numbers show and the opposite is true for Baek.