The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pitt/Cin and TB/WSox: A Study in Chalk Contrasts

2 games today with similar odds, but one where I think the underdog is a very good bet and the other where I think the favorite is a very good bet.

Chacon has always been pretty decent as a starter, and while he's not as good as Arroyo, he could easily keep Pitt in the game. And as we saw yesterday, the Cincinnati pen is always on the brink of giving up runs.

But in the other game, I think the White Sox are a good play, even at close to -200. TB almost won yesterday with Shields, but their lineup and bullpen couldn't make it happen. Today, they will have the same lineup and bullpen, but will also have maybe the worst current starter in baseball. I'm surprised Edwin Jackson is still getting starts, I can't imagine how much longer this can possibly last. Even if he keeps TB in the game, the Sox will still have a decent advantage. But of course there is also a decent chance Jackson will leave the game with TB significantly behind.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I gotta agree with your Pitt analyst. The Reds have been way overvalued during the course of this whole past week, and they've lost.

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do you guys think of the over in the pitt/cincinati game?

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

Shawn Chacón has been passed around more times than Paris Hilton.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I'm taking a shot with the Reds runline here. Their best pitcher, best line-up and they are just freaking due for a decent game.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Ouch! nevermind.