• Over 9.5 -120

2 25.00%
  • Under 9.5 +100

2 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yankees/Sox, Part 3

Strange game here to open the series. If the Yankees win this one, they probably sweep. If the Red Sox win, the pressure on the Yankees will increase dramatically, as the next two games are pretty close to must wins, at least as much as a May game can be a must win (NY cannot lose this series at home with such favorable pitching matchups). Three Sox hitters (Hinske, Ortiz, Ramirez) flat out own Wang:

Hinske 10-19, 4 2B, 2 HR, 1 BB, 0 K
    Ortiz 9-20, 2 2B, 2 HR, 3 BB, 2 K
    Ramirez 10-16, 2 HR, 4 BB, 2 K

But, Wang is generally untouchable at Yankee Stadium, and none of the other Sox hitters have had any success against Wang, except Youkilis in limited appearances (4-11, 1 2B, 5 BB). So can he limit the damage against those three?
    Wakefield has had pretty good success at Yankee Stadium. Despite a 5-6 record, he's had a 3.26 ERA, a 1.33 WHIP, and a 2.08 BAA. None of the Yankees hitters hit him particularly hard, though some have had limited success.
    Both bullpens are pretty good as long as the long and middle relief aren't involved, which should be the case here with two guys who are almost locks to go at least 6 innings.
    I know I'm rambling, but is there even a play in this game? Maybe under 9.5 at even odds?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on BOS tomorrow. With the way the two teams have played and the Red Sox already beat Wang in NY - I don't understand the great dog value for the Sawwwwks, but I'll take it!

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

No play here. If I had to choose a side, I'd lean slightly to the Yanks, but I'm going to pass and just enjoy the game - just too unpredictable when these two play. I might take a shot with the Sox on Tuesday if the price is right. It will be interesting to see what the series price is, because as you say, NY certainly has the edge in starting pitching.

As for Hinske's career #s against Wang, I'd bet my left nut that he won't be in the lineup. It's just typical of Francona. I'm certain it will be Youk at 1st, Lowell at 3rd and Drew in right.

No opinion on the total, but if you like the under, I would wait. I think under 10 -105 will be available at some point before the first pitch. The public always seems to bet over when BOS/NY play.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

If I had a gun to my head, out of the 4, I'd eat it and take the Yanks.

E

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I would lean NYY but pass. I think they, Dodgers, and Rangers are the best of the board, but I'm not going to play any as I have trouble backing world renown gas cans like Tomko and Padilla, even though I like both situations.

Terpman92
    Terpman92's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Over tonight!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's probably jinxed for sure now, but I just hopped on the BoSox at +136 this morning. I can't see that price getting much better!

rmcaj
    rmcaj's Avatar Become A Pro!

5-2 Yanks tonight.

The whole team knows there playing for Torre's job and there is no way with Wang on the mound against Wakefield they are losing this game. The play here is on the Yankees especially coming off a win last night behind a rookie pitcher in a pressure situation. I think tonight will be an easier winner than most think. Yankee Stadium will be electric tonight.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, I decided to make a small play on under. It's the wrong side by a mile, the Yankees could have gone over by themselves and Boston could have a couple more, but I still have a sweat.

rmcaj
    rmcaj's Avatar Become A Pro!

damn did I ever predict this game correct.