mogwai
    mogwai's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will there be a score in the 1st inning bets

I have a friend who claims that anytime the odds on YES on the will there be a score in the 1st inning bet is + money, that if you bet it everytime, you would definitely make money. What do you guys think?

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

It really depends on the way major league baseball is playing. If you were to make that bet right now on every game, I think you would lose money because it seems like it has become a pitcher's league. This year, there are a record number of strike outs and it seems like pitching has surpassed hitting.

mogwai

Quote Originally Posted by fifawcs View Post
    It really depends on the way major league baseball is playing. If you were to make that bet right now on every game, I think you would lose money because it seems like it has become a pitcher's league. This year, there are a record number of strike outs and it seems like pitching has surpassed hitting.
    He makes in interesting argument. He says it is well documented that good pitchers seem to have their worst inning in the 1st inning.

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

An easy way to do this is look at the box score of every game for the past 4 or 5 days.

Yesterday, 7 out of 15 games had a score in the first inning.
    Last edited by fifawcs; 05-19-07 at 11:00 AM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it all depends on who's pitching, and so much if odds are offered or not all the time.

mogwai

I am going to start tracking how this bet does. Again, the odds must be even or + on YES. He claims he has been making money doing it.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

i think inn general alot of prop bets that are even to + $$ are good bets

mogwai

Yesterday there were 5 games at even or + on YES. They were even, even, even, +115, +105. All five of them hit.