BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Is it possible A-Rod is still juicing?

At the age of 40+, only one player in MLB history has hit over 26 homers in a single season. A-Rod already has 23.

It's not like he steadily declined. He was out of the game for over a year and just picked up hitting homers like it was nothing.

He is having a historic season for his age.

It sounds crazy but could he still be juicing? Maybe he is a juicing addict like Tiger Woods was a sex addict.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

sure

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

possible

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Sure is possible for A-Roid.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    At the age of 40+, only one player in MLB history has hit over 26 homers in a single season. A-Rod already has 23.

It's not like he steadily declined. He was out of the game for over a year and just picked up hitting homers like it was nothing.

He is having a historic season for his age.

It sounds crazy but could he still be juicing? Maybe he is a juicing addict like Tiger Woods was a sex addict.
    This info. May be flawed.
    In 1958 Ted Williams ay 40 years old hit 26 homers.
    In 1991 Dave Winfield at 40 years old hit 28 homers.
    In 1987 Darryl Evans at 40 years old hit 34 homers.
    In 1957 Hank Sauer at 40 years old hit 26 homers.
    I stopped searching after that. I doubt any of these guys were "juicing" but of course I may be incorrect on the juicing. I did not include Mr. Barry Bonds.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

he's never failed a drug test... guy knows how to beat the tests, he certainly could be

what's really crazy to think is that he's only 85 HRs away from Bonds 762 record

4 more (relatively) healthy seasons DHing and he could break it

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5712

If he hits homers, it's because of roids. If he doesn't hit them, it's because of roids overdose. This guy can't do anything anymore without roids!

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    In 1958 Ted Williams ay 40 years old hit 26 homers.
    In 1991 Dave Winfield at 40 years old hit 28 homers.
    In 1957 Hank Sauer at 40 years old hit 26 homers.
    I stopped searching after that. I doubt any of these guys were "juicing" but of course I may be incorrect on the juicing. I did not include Mr. Barry Bonds.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to double check my sources. The only guy I had was Darryl Evans.

BigDofBA

In 1958 Ted Williams ay 40 years old hit 26 homers. Not over 26 HRs
    In 1991 Dave Winfield at 40 years old hit 28 homers. My stats show he was 39 years old
    In 1957 Hank Sauer at 40 years old hit 26 homers. Not over 26 HRs
    See replies in red. I still only see one player that hit "over" 26 home runs.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    See replies in red. I still only see one player that hit "over" 26 home runs.
    Sir, see post #8 for info. I am not arguing or trying to prove you wrong. I also stated I did not include Bonds. I know two of those guys did not go OVER 26 homers, but neither has A-Rod. And if you reference the web site it shows Winfield at 40 years old. I was just trying to help out, not start an argument. Over & OUt. BOL tonight.

BigDofBA

Sir, see post #8 for info. I am not arguing or trying to prove you wrong. I also stated I did not include Bonds. I know two of those guys did not go OVER 26 homers, but neither has A-Rod. And if you reference the web site it shows Winfield at 40 years old. I was just trying to help out, not start an argument. Over & OUt. BOL tonight.
    It's all good man. I'm not heated over anything. LOL.

I think Winfield turned 40 after the season. A-Rod hasn't gone over 26 homers yet but I think it's pretty safe to say he will don't you think?

He could easily end up hitting more home runs than anyone in history at age 40.

This entire thread was about there only being one guy in MLB history to hit "over 26 homers" at age 40 or over. You can count Winfield if you want but I think he was 39 during the season and turned 40 in October. Anyway, that's splitting hairs. The point is, A-Rod is on pace to go well past that and might set a record.

That's pretty impressive for a guy that was out of the game for over a year and thought to be done.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

24 now!

BigDofBA

He might hit 40 HRs at age 40 after taking over a year off.

WTF.

JameisBrady
    JameisBrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1490

lol at this pathetic OKC fan hating on true "make em mad" greatness like LeGOAT and A-GOD while worshipping false idols like westbrick.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by JameisBrady View Post
    lol at this pathetic OKC fan hating on true "make em mad" greatness like LeGOAT and A-GOD while worshipping false idols like westbrick.
    Where was I hating? You suck off guys like A-Rod and Lebron so much if someone merely mention's their name you get your little feelings hurt and automatically get offended.

A-Rod is an all-time great player with or without steroids. Hell, I think steroids are very beneificial to people given my background in bodybuilding. Most people just aren't accepting of it because they don't understand it. The same people that talk about health problems and side effects are the same people that are fatasses drinking pepsi, eating donuts, eating McDonalds, and then having a smoke. I laugh when people talk about how bad something is when they have never even tried it.

Alcohol is legal yet people die from it every year.....Name one steroid related death.

Yeah, so to summarize, I wasn't hating on him for juicing. I was just questioning if he was stupid enough to get caught again.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Wrong thread.