R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Cueto to KC?

Sounds like it's inevitable gonna happen. Deal fell apart late last night with Reds having concern ov health of a prospect they would receive in deal. They are close to finalizing a deal again though which includes Finnegan going to Cincy. KC actually aggressive in "big splash" trade market kind of surprising. Might FINALLY get a true #1 on hill to add with a current starting rotation that leaves ALOT to be desired.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Cueto screams AL bust..any AL team is crazy to over pay for him.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah always a concern going NL where you get that "free out" to AL and possible buzz over his health this year. Still not a bad move by KC and "should" be upgrade over what they have. Gonna be in a pitcher friendly park in KC though with a great defense and pen backing him.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Deal is done! Could turn into a 2015 rental with Cueto being a free agent at seasons end who knows? We shall see.....

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13194

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    Cueto screams AL bust..any AL team is crazy to over pay for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Yeah always a concern going NL where you get that "free out" to AL and possible buzz over his health this year. Still not a bad move by KC and "should" be upgrade over what they have. Gonna be in a pitcher friendly park in KC though with a great defense and pen backing him.
    I'd rather have Hamels, just my opinion.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Agree Mag probably lean Hamels myself or definitely Price getting high end lefty on that squad. But who knows what Tigs and Phil's wanted in return maybe too damn much? Hard to say what went on with talks but I'm guessing KC likely reached out to them.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Agree Mag probably lean Hamels myself or definitely Price getting high end lefty on that squad. But who knows what Tigs and Phil's wanted in return maybe too damn much? Hard to say what went on with talks but I'm guessing KC likely reached out to them.
    Well, at least with Hamels you know what you are getting, dollar value wise, he is locked for 4 years, or so I believe. So if you don't mind that facet, I would rather have him. The other guys, as you say, could be just " Summer Rental's".

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Royals would have had to give up their top prospect to get Hamels, or 1 sort of good prospect to get Cueto, easy call for a mid market team like KC....

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    Royals would have had to give up their top prospect to get Hamels, or 1 sort of good prospect to get Cueto, easy call for a mid market team like KC....
    Still though, he might just be a "Summer Rental". At least if you got Hamels, you would keep him. Although, the way Philly is playing since the AS break, they might as well keep him and hope for the best. They are cruising right now. LOL.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Guessing the odds on this being a rental on extreme high end. If Cueto is less than great and does not deliver at high level....Still gonna demand high $, if he delivers best case scenario and complete stud in Oct leading to a WS win he's definitely gonna demand everything under the sun in return for services long term. Either way don't see KC coughing up $ long term. This is "all in" deal for this year without sacrificing much.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Guessing the odds on this being a rental on extreme high end. If Cueto is less than great and does not deliver at high level....Still gonna demand high $, if he delivers best case scenario and complete stud in Oct leading to a WS wins he's definitely gonna demand everything under the sun in return for services long term. Either way don't see KC coughing up $ long term. This is "all in" deal for this year without sacrificing much.
    Yeah, and you know what, I wouldn't give him 30 mil. per year. He isn't THAT good like Kershaw, Max, etc.