bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do they even have a chance tonight

Oswalt is 18-1 against the reds in his career.

Give me some good reasons why I should bet the dog in this game.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think people are reading way too much into Oswalt's career performance vs the Reds. He's a great pitcher, and great pitchers are going to do well vs some teams. I think it's in large part anomalous. Who knows, there may be something to the color of the Reds' uniforms that makes him more effective. Or maybe some subconscious memory makes him more effective. But mostly, I think it's just an anomalous reesult you might expect to see once in a while with a great starter. Unless someone can introduce some kind of legitimate explanation, that's what I'd default to.

It's not like he hasn't been good vs other teams as well. Philly, SD, Colorado, Arizona, he's a combined 21-3 vs them. I do admit that it's a very peculiar trend he has. Why is h e only 10-9 vs the Cubs? or 11-8 vs Milwaukee? I don't know, but I'd have to see something better before I jumped on this trend.

Still, having said that, Houston might be a good play tonight anyway, just because Oswalt is great, Cincy has an iffy pen, and the line isn't terribly high, under -130 now. The line has moved towards Cincy in fact.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I thought this was going to be a Nats thread.

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED View Post
    I thought this was going to be a Nats thread.
    LOL! Same here. Worst versus the best at home. Would have bet one unit it was about the Nats. Hehehe.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you've got the balls to back Roy O. - take the RL for a better price. All Houston's wins vs. Cincy this season are by 2+ runs. In fact dating back to '06, 8 of the last 9 Astros wins have been by 2+ runs. Just gotta hope the Stros can drive in some against Lohse!

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

of course