rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

rjt MLB plays May 1 (YTD 34-31-3)

Yesterday: 1-2 -1.10 units
    YTD: 34-31-3 +2.53 units

Not a very good month of April. Hopefully May will be much better.

1.5* Marlins/Mets over 10 -105: Both offenses fared well on Monday, combining for 26 hits and 15 runs, and I expect tonight to be more of the same. After Chan Ho Park got roughed up last night, the Mets turn to Mike Pelfrey, who isn't much of an improvement, which is saying something considering Park's deficiencies. At this point in his career, Pelfrey is no more than a minor league pitcher, but due to injuries in the Mets' rotation, he is with the big club. Ricky Nolasco will be making his first appearance since early April for FLA, and his career numbers against NY are not pretty: 0-3, 19.73 ERA, 8.2 IP, 26 H, Opp. Avg. 520.

1* Orioles +115: I really like Adam Loewen. He has had control problems, but when he is throwing strikes he can be a dominating lefty. He outpitched Josh Beckett in his last start before the bullpen let him down. Chad Durbin was great in his last outing against the White Sox, but that was against a depleted ChiSox lineup that was missing Thome and Jermaine Dye. The O's already hammered Durbin for 9 hits and 6 runs last month, and I think they do it again.

1* Twins -105: Maybe I'm crazy for backing Ponson here, but I think this is a good spot for the Twins and a nice price. Ponson will likely get hit hard pitching at the Trop, but Minnesota will score off Edwin Jackson as well. There's a good chance both starter's don't last long and are out of the game by the 5th, in which case Minnesota will have a significant advantage with their bullpen.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

Good luck with these rjt721. I'm with you on the Baltimore play. Your April was admirably in the black; I had a red April.
    Here's to a great May!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do like your O's play tonight RJT.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Let's go O's.

Good luck rjt.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hear you on the O's and Twins, I don't think there's a lot of value with them but I think they're both the right side.

I'm not sure about the Mets over though. There was a strong wind blowing out last night, which helped things I think. It was 20 MPH. And Chan Ho Park is worse than Pelfrey. Pelfrey may be a minor leaguer, but he'd be a better one than Park, Park was even getting hit in the minors this year. And Olson, he was having a lot of problems this year and was off of a very high pitch count. Nolasco, who knows what's up with him, but he was effective at times last year. 10 is a really high number at Shea. I'm going to wait for the lineups and weather report, but I'm leaning toward the under, especially now that the under 10 is at plus odds.