BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

One play for this afternoon in the WASH/PHIL

I am usually just for straight betting but today I see some value in a prop bet. In fact, I haven't bet a prop in years i just don't like them but I'll make an exception today. My play for today is going to be on the Washington Nationals Team Total Under 3.5 (-110).

Seems like a low number but the Nats' bats have been struggling all year long. They have never gotten any consistency with their offense. A quick turnaround from a night game yesterday means that most players don't take batting practice today so perhaps some rust on top of the already rusty bats.

Not to mention Cole Hammels may be getting it going. Last outing he shutout the Reds a more powerful lineup. Washington is among the worst in offense and against left-handed pitching. Against left-handed pitching WASH is batting .233 and scoring only 3.1 runs. Now another bonus is that Washington pitcher Shawn Hill has been pitching well....he's emerged as one of their better pitchers so if we can get another good effort from Hill today, coupled with the consistency of Hammels we could see a very low scoring game today. Not to mention reports of some weather in philly being overcast should make it difficult for both offenses to generate much offense today.

Consider Hammels one of the more elite left-handed pitchers or at least a very talented one aginst a sputtering offense who struggles agaisnt everyone especially left-handed pitching I'll take my chances with Washington to score less than 3.5 runs today.

Play: Washington Nationals Team Total Under 3.5 (-110)

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not sure about this one BB. Hamels is great and the Washington lineup is poor, no doubt. But Hamels is still young, and off of a great start with a high pitch count. Philly is still a generally hitter-friendly park, and the Washington guys are still major-leaguers. I don't see the value in this play, but GL to you.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I disagree with your play here as well double B. However, you have been hot lately which does scare me considering I went with the Nats in this game.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Nats win 2-1......

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Nats win 2-1......
    That'll work

Zerlinco
    Zerlinco's Avatar Become A Pro!