Nomadik
    Nomadik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Why I'm 75-80% sure Peavy and Giants lose game 6 Tuesday.

As most of you know, Peavy can be a hothead at times. Ok, scratch that, he's a hothead all the time. Quite a stark contrast from MadBum, wouldn't you say? Ultimately you need a calm, but confident, temperament in big-time playoff games and while Peavy is no doubt confident, he is never calm and this will ultimately lead to him having another bad start in Game 6 at KC.

Now there is always that 20% chance that Peavy finds his groove early and this could propel him to 5-6 strong innings, but something, my gut mainly, tells me this doesn't happen. I'm seeing Peaves going 4, maybe just maybe 5, innings while giving up 2-3 runs. If the Giants bats suddenly drop off from how hot they've been lately then this game could get out of hand quickly. Also with rookie Ventura pitching his second game, which should aid the Giants hitters in the fact that this will be their second time facing him, this will be a MUCH HIGHER LEVERAGED situation than his first start. Ventura throws hard and has a very live arm, but it's no secret he can struggle locating that 98-100 mph fastball at times. How he handles the biggest stage and game of his life will decide this game, because if he's pulled early I'm not overly concerned with KC's middle relief. This scenario of Ventura unravelling early, however, is a BIG if. Sometimes rookies just don't fully grasp the magnitude of the game they're pitching in, and this sometimes leads them to go about business as usual, unfazed by the pressure felt by so many others.

Ultimately, I don't see the Giants bats cooling off, especially when they can see the finish line a game away. I think this game will be close, and I also don't think the rookie Ventura is going to totally collapse under the pressure of this do or die game for KC. I see a score somewhere along the lines of 5-3 KC, with KC getting 5-6 quality innings out of Ventura, allowing them to get their 3 ace closers in the game to hold of the Giants. Would I love to be proved wrong? You bet your arse, but this series had 7 games written all over it from the start.

Either way, here's to a great World Series and hopefully for ME at least, a Giants WS victory!

One more thing. I don't troll. I'm not claiming to be the best capper of bases out there, and I haven't posted here in quite some time (not to mention my track record always spoke for itself as I frequently posted pitures on SBR of wager slips, placed here in Vegas. I posted winning tickets and even losers. Yes physical tickets from here The M, MGM and others here in Vegas. Not those digital online wagers receipts that so many fakers of the funk easily alter their bet sizes for example so they can come across as a baller. All my bets, with the amount clearly legible were posted here on SBR so my followers who tailed my picks know I had "skin in the game." Not to boast, but to put it frankly I know my shit when it comes to bases. I've made a nice living the past 5-6 years capping/betting nothing but Baseball, even though I do play other sports, baseball is my bread & butter, my cash cow. AND NO, I never was or became a cheezy mf'n tout.
    Last edited by Nomadik; 10-27-14 at 07:30 PM.