ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

anyone else thinking of unloading on SF on the series vs KC?

Came up pretty large on SF against St. Louis. I love SF to win the World Series. KC has been sitting around waiting since Tuesday, and they haven't had a high pressure game in a while. Also, their inexperience and immaturity is undoubtedly going to show up on the big stage. SF has been here before, and they can beat you a number of ways. Really like this play.

Don't get me wrong KC looks real tough, but I don't see them going from zero to hero all at once.... not against this SF team.

ShowMeDaMoney

oops KC won their series yesterday. Regardless, I think their inexperience hands SF one game minimum in this world Series.

BORG
    Update your status
    BORG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Definitely unload..

I think the Giants beat KC pretty good during regular season too.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

They've played nothing but high pressure situation games & have won 8 strait in them....lol

Pill Gates
    Pill Gates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10831

will it be a pick em? or is there a favorite?

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Seems like your arguments/reasoning are speculative, absolutely no reason to unload on Giants here, slight case could be made for the Royals. KC game one is my play most likely and pass on the series.

ShowMeDaMoney

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    Seems like your arguments/reasoning are speculative, absolutely no reason to unload on Giants here, slight case could be made for the Royals. KC game one is my play most likely and pass on the series.
    inexperience showing in the World Series is speculative? When has a team with this little playoff experience (KC) won the WS?

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

^05 White Sox. But that's coming from a Chicago homer. Either way KC eerily reminds me of them.

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

KC is not winning this series. Anyone who bets them is clueless.

ShowMeDaMoney

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    KC is not winning this series. Anyone who bets them is clueless.
    that's quite over the top. they're absolutely on fire right now. When I say I'm thinking of "unloading" on SF by no means do I mean this series is a shoe in. Vegas doesn't give money away and the games are played on the field. That said, I'll take the more experienced team that has clawed themselves to victory and got hot at the absolute perfect time. SF's offense looked soft just a few weeks ago, firing on all cylinders now...

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeDaMoney View Post
    inexperience showing in the World Series is speculative? When has a team with this little playoff experience (KC) won the WS?
    I don't know mang, but when was the last time a team with little experience won 8 straight to start the playoffs, let alone anyone winning 8 straight? Just don't see the value in the inexperience angle.

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I don't know mang, but when was the last time a team with little experience won 8 straight to start the playoffs, let alone anyone winning 8 straight? Just don't see the value in the inexperience angle.
    I do. The Royals had no reason to be scared of either team they played. Once they win game 1 they're freerolling for the rest of the series until they lose one. You can say or think what you want but the Royals know the Giants are a different monster than either team they played. And yes I know how red hot Baltimore was down the stretch and yes I know that it seemed like they literally didn't lose a game the last month or so of the season. That doesn't matter though because Baltimore has never been here before. The Giants have won the WS twice with these same guys and they're the team to beat here. KC is the challenger and that's gonna get in their heads and as soon as they lose a game, and especially as soon as they get behind in the series....they're screwed. With SF that isn't the case and that's a BIG upper hand.

ShowMeDaMoney

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    I do. The Royals had no reason to be scared of either team they played. Once they win game 1 they're freerolling for the rest of the series until they lose one. You can say or think what you want but the Royals know the Giants are a different monster than either team they played. And yes I know how red hot Baltimore was down the stretch and yes I know that it seemed like they literally didn't lose a game the last month or so of the season. That doesn't matter though because Baltimore has never been here before. The Giants have won the WS twice with these same guys and they're the team to beat here. KC is the challenger and that's gonna get in their heads and as soon as they lose a game, and especially as soon as they get behind in the series....they're screwed. With SF that isn't the case and that's a BIG upper hand.

agreed with mos teverything in here. SF will claw their way back into a game... they have no problem playing from behind and staying calm. KC doesn't have the maturity or patience to play that type of baseball in October (imo of course) Or if they do have that type of maturity, they haven't really needed to show it this post season.

Tobit
    Tobit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 660

Kc will rely on their pitching(especially bullpen) and defense to win this series. If you expect them to choke, those 2 areas is where it will have to be. I just don't see it being that clear cut of an advantage for the Giants. Kc's bullpen was unhittable against the angels and orioles.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Came up pretty large on SF against St. Louis. I love SF to win the World Series. KC has been sitting around waiting since Tuesday, and they haven't had a high pressure game in a while. Also, their inexperience and immaturity is undoubtedly going to show up on the big stage. SF has been here before, and they can beat you a number of ways. Really like this play.

Don't get me wrong KC looks real tough, but I don't see them going from zero to hero all at once.... not against this SF team.
    ?

KC's close out game was not high pressured?
    PM me, I'll take as much SF money you care to wager.

Unload on me pal.
    Name the price

stevenash

agreed with mos teverything in here. SF will claw their way back into a game... they have no problem playing from behind and staying calm. KC doesn't have the maturity or patience to play that type of baseball in October (imo of course) Or if they do have that type of maturity, they haven't really needed to show it this post season.
    KC will run crazy on Posey

stevenash

It isn't an angle, OP reaching

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    KC will run crazy on Posey
    You like over or under game 1 Nash? Reason I ask is because I'm really like the under but also greatly respect your input

Thanks

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1144 View Post
    ^05 White Sox. But that's coming from a Chicago homer. Either way KC eerily reminds me of them.
    That's a good analogy, KC reminds me of 1990 Reds, or the 1984 Tigers.

I am not disrespecting SF, not at all, nobody is blowing anybody out in this series.
    It's going to go six or seven, and the series is pretty much even, and the books say so too.

SF can win this if Mad-Bum can pitch two lock down games and get two wins for the team by the bay.
    KC can win this if they keep doing what KC does, flawless defense, get on base, and create runs the way they do.

There are ways to get to the KC seemingly untouchable KC bullpen, and if Bochy is the world class manager everybody thinks he is (and I think so too) he should know how. I know how to get to the KC bullpen, and I'm nothing special.

Somebody posted this SF team is a 'monster'.
    No, they are not a monster, not even close, KC is not a monster, not even close.

Monster teams don't finish second in their division, across 162 games.

Monster teams were Yankees of the mid to late 30's (and 1927-1928)
    Monster teams were the Yankees from the late 40's to the mid 50's.
    Monster teams were the Oakland A's in the early 70's
    Monster teams were the Big Red Machine in the mid to late 70's
    Monster teams were the Jeter led Yankees from 1996 to the early 2000's

There were no monster teams in the 80's, ten years in that decade, ten different winners.

Madison Bumgarner is a top five staff ace in the majors, top three lefty in the majors, and is big time legit.
    Is the class of the Mad-Bum vs. James Shields match up, but not a mismatch by any stretch.
    There is nobody in the SF lineup, like a Miggy or Trout that pitchers fear and must pitch around.
    Shields gets SF hitters out as easy as Mad - Bum gets KC hitters out.

After Bumgarner, Hudson and Peavy go.
    Hudson is 40, washed up, and got hit in the month of September like a rented mule.
    Peavy? Seriously, Peavy?

After game 1 KC starters match up well in games 2 and 3.

How did the 1984 Tigers win everything that year?
    You think they won with Petry and Wilcox?
    Petry and Wilcox won 18 and 17 games because of the defense behind them.
    Shields is the 1984 version of Jack Morris, Ventura and Vargas is this years version of Dan Petry and Milt Wilcox.
    They won because the 1984 Tigers had the best defense of the decade behind them
    Lemon and Whittaker and Trammel, and Parrish.
    Perez is just as good a defensive catcher as Parrish was, and Parrish was crazy good.
    1984 Tiger team on defense saved so many runs it was scary that year.
    2014 KC Royals are the same way.

People talk of inexperience.
    Brandon Crawford is raw, so is Panik.
    Only core members that return from the 2010 team is Panda, and Posey.
    Pence was in Philly, yeah you could tell me Ishy was there in 2010, but he was a pine rider who did shit in the post season.

Oh, and by the way, the SF Giants beat the shittiest American League team ever to represent the AL in the Texas Rangers.

Monster team? Get real

stevenash

^
    What experience?
    Panda and Posey?

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

8 games in a row?

try winning 8 playoff series in a row.
    Last edited by YouHave2outs; 10-20-14 at 10:42 AM.

stevenash

^
    Crazy 8's.
    KC 8 wins
    SF 8 series.

Game 1 is a man to man pick 'em
    Series is a man to man pick 'em

Bookmakers are saying, the series is a coin flip.
    I guess you know somthing the bookmakers don't.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Ill take a real bullpen that has won 2 world series over some first timer bullpen that ESPN wont shut the hell up about. Yusermio Petit by himself is better than KCs so called BIG 3. Atfelt, Cassilla, Romo, Lopez. And yes ill take Buster Posey a player with only Champion Blood in him.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    Ill take a real bullpen that has won 2 world series over some first timer bullpen that ESPN wont shut the hell up about. Yusermio Petit by himself is better than KCs so called BIG 3. Atfelt, Cassilla, Romo, Lopez. And yes ill take Buster Posey a player with only Champion Blood in him.
    Was he fathered by Secretariat ?????

stevenash

Yusermio Petit by himself is better than KCs so called BIG 3.
    You just lost any integrity you had.
    Petit? He's a homerun give up waiting to happen.
    He game up 12 in 117 innings.
    Know how many homers Herrera and Davis gave up this year?
    Zero.

Petit better than Holland?
    Just stop now dude. Please, just stop

Petit is a ham and egger.
    He's a lifetime 19 and 26 pitcher with a 1.3 WH/IP and a 4.8 ERA

Just stop posting please.

ShowMeDaMoney

you're clowning the shit outta Peavy and as a Sox fan I'll give you the fact that he can implode at any moment, but in 72 regular season innings with the Giants he has a 2.17 ERA. In 9.2 innings pitched this post season he's given up 2 earned runs.

also:

"Peavy and Hudson have a combined 2.70 ERA over four postseason starts, a span of 23 1/3 innings. Hudson, a 16-year veteran, will be making his World Series debut when he takes the mound for Game 3."

To suggest the Giants are weak in the 2 and 3 slot is foolish. May want to look at Shields post season numbers if you're super convinced the Giants are heading into this series worried about starting pitching. His ERA is north of 5.

ShowMeDaMoney

Shields this post season for KC : 10 ER in 16 IP.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

You just lost any integrity you had.
    Petit? He's a homerun give up waiting to happen.
    He game up 12 in 117 innings.
    Know how many homers Herrera and Davis gave up this year?
    Zero.

Petit better than Holland?
    Just stop now dude. Please, just stop

Petit is a ham and egger.
    He's a lifetime 19 and 26 pitcher with a 1.3 WH/IP and a 4.8 ERA

Just stop posting please.

you dude im sure holland could pitch an entire game when ever needed also. WTF is a ham and egger is that a KC thing? Lets compare a legit long reliever to some dude that can only pull 1 inning out of his ass . And if you want to compare a CLOSER to Petit then fine because Petit can close games out also. But Casilla and Romo will take a dump on Holland. Even though Romo lost his closing role to Casilla he still knows how to get the job done. Are we seriously going to compare bullpens because this isnt going to end pretty for you.

stevenash

you dude im sure holland could pitch an entire game when ever needed also. WTF is a ham and egger is that a KC thing? Lets compare a legit long reliever to some dude that can only pull 1 inning out of his ass . And if you want to compare a CLOSER to Petit then fine because Petit can close games out also. But Casilla and Romo will take a dump on Holland. Even though Romo lost his closing role to Casilla he still knows how to get the job done. Are we seriously going to compare bullpens because this isnt going to end pretty for you.
    You have no idea what you are talking about.

OK fine, let's play your game.
    Danny Duffy > Petit.

Game. Set. Match.

You want to use Petit as a long reliever, I'll take Duffy.
    You want to use Petit as a spot starter, I'll take Duffy.
    You want to uses Petit as an one inning reliever, I'll take any one of the three KC relievers before I take Petit.
    What I forgot about baseball, you'll never learn.

You have no idea who you are talking to.
    Clueless.

Petit

jameski999
    jameski999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4260

College O/U is clearly a Giants fan that probably hadn't seen the Royals play once this season before the playoffs. Books calling the series a coin flip. 80% of SBR on the Giants nuf said, Royals in 6

stevenash

^
    He's a total asshole

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

80% of sbr on the Giants is not even close from what I'm reading. Seems split.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

^
    What experience?
    Panda and Posey?
    Stevey you make some great points in this thread but I do think you gotta acknowledge the giants do have WS experience. Blanco, Buster, Panda, Crawford, Pence and Belt all started all 4 games vs the tigers two years ago. That's gotta mean something...I just feel like the moment will not be too big for the giants but not confident I can say the same for the royals. Game 1 is huge for this series imo

ShowMeDaMoney

the moment will definitely be overwhelming for the Royals and likely will cost them a game. SF has a bunch of experience, a simple google search proves that.

LET THE SERIES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

Beep Beep Beep

That's me, backing up the Brinks truck full of money bags

Just bet my Godson on the Giants +100

Godson is code for 200 dollars

12 Last