So, our boy I/O said something that cannot go unnoticed when betting baseball this time of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
I was told once many years ago to bet the bigger underdogs at the track in the last days of the month. What was meant was the barn fees and other expenses are due. The owners of the better horses know they need the other owners and trainers and horses in the game as well. Including the bad ones. Some of what you see in baseball in the last 4 weeks of the season is a few things. Some "bad" players and teams are now playing better. Some players are playing for their future or their next future team. Some players just brought up are proving themselves. This might be the worst time to read all the stats bs.
Which is true, you can only go so far with these picks - regardless if you basing half your picks on trends, sdql's, stats, or recent performances. I'm not saying those are not even considerable anymore, you can just only go so far. I stand by what he said, and maybe that's why I'm not 6k in the hole like jjgold. Anyways, there is something you can't hide about Thursdays over priced team of September; if a 100 bettor bet against them every game this month you'd be up well over a grand. Dropping an 8-13 record in the month of Sept with an 6-14 (L20) Away game record. The team is the Athletics. We all remember they traded for Samardizja and Hammel, right? Well with Hammel on the bump tonight vs Texas let's speak of Hammels Athletic career... The A's are 2-9 since he got there, and in six road starts they've lost them all (One of them @Tex, A's lost 4-1). So what I'm seeing here without using a bunch of stats, is some pretty good home doggie value yet again, on the Rangers who've one their last 11 out of 12 games. 4 game stretch to end the season, Texas sure to win one of them - I'll chase to win, starting with this game 1 opportunity.