SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT Profit: Devil Rays +175 to Sting Tribe

Devil Rays +175 to Sting Tribe

Game Time: 4/20/2007 7:10:00 PM -
    By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    http://www.who2beton.com/

The Indians are coming off of a disastrous ninth-inning meltdown in New York yesterday, and they are making the long trip to Tampa with no rest, so look for a major upset here.

The Indians come to south Florida after getting swept in a three-game series at Yankee Stadium, including a devastating loss yesterday when they blew a 6-2 lead with two outs and nobody on in the ninth inning!

Aside from the psychological effect that loss should have, the Tribe may also be physically tired here after making the long trip from New York without a day off. These are certainly not the best conditions to be laying this much chalk, especially since the Devil Rays look to be improved this season. Granted Cleveland ace CC Sabathia is on the hill for this game, but the Rays have hit significantly better vs. southpaws (.264) than they have vs. right-handers (.220) here at home this season.

Now we realize that Tampa Bay starter Edwin Jackson is nothing special, but he did prove to be serviceable while with the Dodgers last season. This game may come down to the bullpens, which would be an adventure with two of the worst pens in all of baseball. However, this game would be a coin flip if it gets to that point, giving value to the Rays at this price.

Throw in the fact that the Orioles are 5-16 in their last 21 games on artificial turf, and we will go for the value play here.

Play: Devil Rays +175

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Big Price, GL. No more bases for me.

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

i respectfully disagree with u. cc. is lights out. plus its not like the indians can't hit...especially with Jackson on the mound. im passing on this game. GL

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm passing on this game myself guys. The D'rays team still have a touch of the flu, and I just can't take a shot with TB.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Not sure I can back the Devil Rays against CC. Even at that big plus. I'm just going to pass, and wish you luck with the Rays.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jackson was with TB last season. He did show promise of serviceability with LA in '03, but then '04, '05, '06 and '07 happened. Cleveland traveling might make a difference if they were facing a tough starter, they might lay down. But with Jackson, this could get ugly. He'll probably strike out a few guys early on, but then he'll likely walk a few, and soon he'll have a 4 or 5 run inning on his hands. I like Cleveland and the over here I think.