bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Am I nuts for betting this series

I'm really liking Cleveland in this series +150.

Cleveland Indians +150
    New York Yankees -170

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

As I was discussing with you on MSN, I think the Tribe has great value in this series.

The Yankees have a big series starting on the 20th.

Check the pitchers the Yankees are throwing, not the quality the Yankees should have.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why? The number should be in the 200s. I mean, Cleveland is a decent team, but they are throwing out two awful pitchers in this series, and the other one, Sowers, has to win for you to have any chance at all. The Yankees have huge lineup and bullpen advantages and the starting pitchers are basically even in all three games. The only thing that might work in your favor at all is that NY plays Boston next, but with their record under .500, the Yankees aren't going to take these games lightly.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19480

Crazy? Not exactly.

If C.C. was pitching, Hell Yeah its great value. But with the Yankee pichers struggling, and the Cleveland Indians coming off to a pretty good start, its still pretty good value. If I was the oddsmaker, I wouldn't put the Indians at +150, (maybe +120) so I agree with you on the good value of the Indians. Good luck, like to hear some more wager scenarios, I'm new to this site.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's no way the Indians win this series more than 40% of the time. No way.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Great value BBD. This line should be +115. Cleveland has a huge edge in starting pitching today. Games 2 and 3 are a wash; Sowers and Rasner suck, Igawa and Carmona are decent. The Yankees have a better bullpen and, of course, home field. The Indians' lineup is only marginally worse than the Yankees'. This series is much closer than the line indicates.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Ok, your nuts.

Didn't you know there was no way the Indians would even win a game in this series?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This series was a real bummer for me guys, and todays game just put the cherry right on the top.

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Sorry to hear that bb. Tough loss yesturday, though, i had the yanks ..