Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Want a lock tomorrow - take Detroit Tigers (-117 currently)

Chris Young's ERA is 3.20.
    His X-FIP is 5.15 - that is the WORST in baseball among qualified starters.

Basically means he is due for a massive regression.

Now on the other side you got Robbie Ray - who is not very good but the Mariners havent seen him this year. Plus, they cant hit in general but are really bad vs LHP.

I expect the Tigers to wake up after getting behind the Royals and finish strong. Cant see them losing this series tomorrow.

Load up on the Tigers. Lot of people were expecting the Tigers to make it to the World Series a few weeks ago. What happened since then? Nothing. They just went in a slump and now everyone is betting against them. Be smart, get back on em.

TIGERS!

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14022

auto-fade

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Did you say lock...SBR poster's win percentage on threads with the word lock in the title from Oct. 2009- July 2014 are currently at a paltry 16.4%.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post

Now on the other side you got Robbie Ray - who is not very good but the Mariners havent seen him this year. Plus, they cant hit in general but are really bad vs LHP.

I expect the Tigers to wake up after getting behind the Royals and finish strong. Cant see them losing this series tomorrow.

Load up on the Tigers. Lot of people were expecting the Tigers to make it to the World Series a few weeks ago. What happened since then? Nothing. They just went in a slump and now everyone is betting against them. Be smart, get back on em.

TIGERS!
    There must have been a lot of idiots then, anyone who said Detroit going to World Series is a fuking idiot. Their bullpen is atrocious, they likely don't even make postseason

carll
    carll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seattle wins thanks

labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3717

Seattle is one of my top two plays for today
    at least one of us will be winning! BOL

whtsox13
    Update your status
    whtsox13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Mariners vs LHP = 25W-16L. That's really bad?

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1454

Interesting record they have the lowest on base percentage vs lefties in whole Al but winning record wtf lol hmm don't know which way to lean game a toss up rather play the under Bol

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    Interesting record they have the lowest on base percentage vs lefties in whole Al but winning record wtf lol hmm don't know which way to lean game a toss up rather play the under Bol
    The very positive record against lefties is pretty obvious to me which is what defines their team as whole: Their pitching carries the team.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down

Even more reason to like the under haven't pulled the trigger yet

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Small sample size but it looks like only Torii Hunter can hit Chris Young

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down

And hunter out of lineup today

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20376

1-0 Ms. Robbie Ray is horrible. Can't believe they gave up Fister for him.

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Just. Take. Him. Out.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20376

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Gruber View Post
    Just. Take. Him. Out.
    Bullpen isn't much of an upgrade. Detroit is fukked here. I do think Tigers will get to Chris Young though.

labones00
    Bo knows your sister

This might be solid advice ...just like that jjgold guy telling everyone to take the Dodgers last night. Stop making this claims if you can't back it up with some stats or an angle

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Bullpen isn't much of an upgrade. Detroit is fukked here. I do think Tigers will get to Chris Young though.
    Some of these teams really need at least one decent long reliever. Ray had 1.47 WHIP in AAA. What piece of fvcking shit decided that this loser deserved another chance over Verhagen?

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by labones00 View Post
    This might be solid advice ...just like that jjgold guy telling everyone to take the Dodgers last night. Stop making this claims if you can't back it up with some stats or an angle
    Right...ppl post so much losers on here that I feel the books do it to deter winners lmao

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

TIGERS!
    Detroit is never a lock young grasshopper. Is this your first day betting mlb

labones00
    Bo knows your sister

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Right...ppl post so much losers on here that I feel the books do it to deter winners lmao
    It's really simple, make your own picks, do your own research. If you chose to "tail" people in here then you are taking all the control out of betting. It's pretty obvious the majority of people in this forum are not very good at betting on baseball. The books are not sending people into these forums to mess people up lol. It's typical behavior for our society, do none of the work and somehow get paid off big. Ain't that easy

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by labones00 View Post
    It's really simple, make your own picks, do your own research. If you chose to "tail" people in here then you are taking all the control out of betting. It's pretty obvious the majority of people in this forum are not very good at betting on baseball. The books are not sending people into these forums to mess people up lol. It's typical behavior for our society, do none of the work and somehow get paid off big. Ain't that easy
    I wasnt saying the books are infact doing that, I was just exaggerating how much losing picks people post and claim them to be locks

I was agreeing with you. People just post picks, no reasoning and get upset when you question then in order to create discussion. They just want you to tail or shut up lol. And then it loses lol.

LtDarsh
    LtDarsh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4029

looking real good

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13194

Man, Detroit ??? WTF is wrong with them ?????

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Plaza23

Sorry fellas. Chris Young is horrible. The stats back it up. I cant explain how he hasnt given up way more runs than he has this year. I'm going to fade and martingale him until I get my money back.

Tigers, at home, one of the best offenses in the league going against the garbage that is Chris Young. At less than -120. Thats good value. Sometimes even good bets dont win.

labones00
    Bo knows your sister

No need to be sorry, like I said the Mariners were one of my top plays of the day. Did you even look at Seattle's record vs. lefties? (26-16) and their performance in day games (23-16) not to mention they are 8-2 in their last 10 games....

RavensFan2k3

Sorry fellas. Chris Young is horrible. The stats back it up. I cant explain how he hasnt given up way more runs than he has this year. I'm going to fade and martingale him until I get my money back.

Tigers, at home, one of the best offenses in the league going against the garbage that is Chris Young. At less than -120. Thats good value. Sometimes even good bets dont win.
    But if Chris Young is garbage, what is Robbie Ray? Robbie Ray -120 vs Chris Young made sense? Thats a good bet?

Plaza23

Robbie Ray isn't very good but he was going against the worst offense vs left handers in the league. Chris Young, due for a massive regression, going against one of the best offenses.

I like that matchup. It lost. Whatever. Not going to defend my reasoning other than fading Chris young from here on out. His type of luck with era being way under xfip never lasts an entire year. Seemed its correct itself vs the tigers but it didnt. Oh well.

RavensFan2k3

Im not bashing you, or the pick or anything...and I can see how you could like the pick, but lock...either way, lets get the next pick

labones00
    Bo knows your sister

I'm just asking what information you looked at besides the starting pitcher(s)...?