Derka2014
    Derka2014's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 430

A's & Red Sox (Early Games)

I think the red sox get the win over the Yankees with Cespedes in their line up.

The A's bounce back with their new pitcher Lester, who they aquired from the red sox.

I think both teams win tommorow with their trades paying off... not sure the stats on how teams do after major trades.

Thoughts?

Blackballer
    Blackballer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

I think the Yankees vs Red Sox games is like flipping a coin hence I think the opening line for this game at -110 for both is fair. You don't have any stats on Webster, the only thing I could find was that in 2013 he started in 8 games for about 30 IP and allowed 7 HRs for the Red Sox. This year he has only one start (the 3-2 win vs Tampa Bay)

Greene appeared in 5 road games and started in 2 and has a 2-0 record with a 1.32 ERA, the only thing that overshadows his road numbers is the fact that he pitched versus Boston on April 24 in relief where he allowed 3 runs in 1/3 of an inning ... but in this game he made his big league debut.

I see that Boston is at -112, I will back the Yankees at +102 or better.

The Oakland game with Lester on the mound looks like an auto pick with the numbers Lester is sporting versus Kansas City but the Oakland offense has to give him some runs to work with, the only thing that keeps me off taking Oakland is their offensive showing from the last games where they couldn't produce some runs.
    One positive for Oakland is that Jason Vargas comes back from missing a little more than 3 weeks due to an appendectomy and he only pitched around 60 pitches in a simulated start. I don't expect him to pitch the distance but the juice is the Oakland game is big, opened at -215, maybe went down a bit or up.
    Last edited by Blackballer; 08-02-14 at 10:43 AM.

DustyMonkey
    DustyMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1591

Derka-
    Respect you as a capper. Read all your plays. I think the yanks win today especially after losing yesterday. As for the A's think that they probably win but hate the line. Vargas should show up and Lester could be in a situation to overpitch a lot going on for him. Value lays with KC. I normally agree with all your plays but not today. Best of luck buddy

bluetooth3
    bluetooth3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

With ya on the thinking of the red sox game but opposite A's game.

The sox line up with dustin, Ortiz, craig? And Cespedes can do some damage. With public action on the Yankees and line moving in Boston favor, have to like the red sox here

First time pitchers have not fared well. It's just tough. Vargas Is capable of shutting down the weak A's line up and 2 of 3 runs very well may be the difference here.

Wish you the best of luck!

Smoothnf
    Smoothnf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

I like A's ML today....

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothnf View Post
    I like A's ML today....
    AGREED.